Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  

I'm getting a little confused. I looked at a few other threads but to no avail, for the most part.

Is the GPA on the UCAN the weighted GPA? Or is it the cGPA? Mine seems like it has included my summer terms (one of which is detrimental to my GPA) and my worst year.

I would be much obliged if someone could enlighten me, even if he/she thinks I am asking a stupid question!

It shouldn't include those...when I completed entering my courses, it didn't count worst year and didn't include my summer courses. They would only count your worst year if you're not going to be graduating this year. They shouldn't incorporate your summer no matter what. Try contacting them if it's actually a mistake.

It's been a long, long time since I emailed UofC admissions regarding this matter.  But, your UCAN GPA should be weighted, and if it's not weighted properly, you need to email them.  I do recall them saying that you can still submit your application and inquire afterwards, but I'd make sure I was fully advised before doing so. 

Was anybody else's UCAN GPA miscalculated by the application? The GPA I calculated myself (using my school's GPA calculator, Student Centre) was about 0.005 off from the one the application calculated. Not sure if this really matters, but it rounds my GPA up by the nearest hundredth.