Premed 101 Forums

Academic Explanations

If there are truly extenuating circumstances which resulted in your grades not reflecting your true ability in a semester/year, I would write it. More information is always helpful to the reviewers.

However, if you did poorly in a few courses but well in another few in the same semester, I would not write it.

Thanks for the reply!

I believe (and correct me if im wrong) that UofT doesn't only look at your GPA but your transcript as a whole. I guess I am worried that even though they will drop these courses that they will still wonder what happened at that time and this will impact my score for the academic portion of the application. 

Thanks for the reply!

I believe (and correct me if im wrong) that UofT doesn't only look at your GPA but your transcript as a whole. I guess I am worried that even though they will drop these courses that they will still wonder what happened at that time and this will impact my score for the academic portion of the application. 

My pleasure. 

Don't overthink this part of the application too much. They will keep true to their words and look at your wGPA.

Just think to yourself truthfully - is there a valid reason why your transcript may not reflect your true academic performance?

If there is, write the essay.

If there isn't, don't. 

Archived