Premed 101 Forums

I went to UofT and on my transcript, the course weights are 0.5 for a semester long course and 1 for a full year course.

When I enter the course information on OMSAS, do I do the conversion myself according to their scale (below) and enter 1.0 for half year courses and 2 for full year courses?

Full‑year course: weight of 2
Half‑year course: weight of 1
Semester course: weight of 1
Three‑quarter course: weight of 1.5

Also, I have a full year course with a weight of 0.1 on my transcript (lol). It was just a seminar course. How should I include this?

One more thing - why is there a limit of 10 in the course list? I have 12 half courses in a year and I know I'm able to add more, so there aren't any problems. Just wondering though, am I supposed to have a separate entry for each semester or is there only one entry for each academic "year"?

Appreciate the help folks!

Have you tried submitting 10, and then adding additional entries under the same academic year? I think they might only allow 10 at a time, but you can add more on a separate form.

I've done an entry for each academic year, though I don't think it matters too much. Doing each individual semester may give off a false impression that you were a part-timer, but that's all speculation.

For a semester put a weight of 1 (as that's what's indicated under "Semester"). For the 0.1 course I have no idea...I'd just list it as a PASS course and let OMSAS make the correction for you when they receive your transcript in a month or so. They will mail you a hard copy confirming your data has been accepted/slightly modified and what your finalized OMSAS GPA is.

Yea, I am able to add more courses on a separate form.

I guess the part I found confusing is that if I indicate 1.0 as the "Credit Value/Weight", then on the "Course Summary" page, it gets turned into "OMSAS Length" of 2.0.

What is the OMSAS Length?

Thanks for your help!

Archived