Premed 101 Forums

Release Mcat

Boabdil

Hi

Need advice on submitting my MCAT score. I am somewhat of a non-traditional applicant and currently finishing my second undergrad degree in science. First one was in an unrelated field. My current GPA is approx 3.8 , deans list, publication, good EC..I had lost my way during CEGEP and as a result my pre-req are mediocre at best (2.8-3.0 approx ).

My question is should I submit my MCAT (31 total, 10/10/11 VR/BS/PS). At what point does the pre-req and MCAT score come into play?

Thanks

This is a stupid question -- but in the McGill MedApp we can check "I have no tests to report" even if we have an MCAT score? So there is no obligation to release MCAT score?

I have a high GPA, but not a very stellar MCAT from my Aug 27th writing, so just wanted to check if we can completely forgo inserting our AAMC ID and test scores in. Thanks! 

This is a stupid question -- but in the McGill MedApp we can check "I have no tests to report" even if we have an MCAT score? So there is no obligation to release MCAT score?

I have a high GPA, but not a very stellar MCAT from my Aug 27th writing, so just wanted to check if we can completely forgo inserting our AAMC ID and test scores in. Thanks! 

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/requirements-edu/mcat

It depends on your applicant category!

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/requirements-edu/mcat

It depends on your applicant category!

Ok so I'm from the "Out-of-Province Canadian University categories" so just check "I have no tests to report"? Even if I have taken the MCAT? Thanks! :)

I know this seems stupid..I just don't want the adcom to think that I lied on my application :/

Hi

Need advice on submitting my MCAT score. I am somewhat of a non-traditional applicant and currently finishing my second undergrad degree in science. First one was in an unrelated field. My current GPA is approx 3.8 , deans list, publication, good EC..I had lost my way during CEGEP and as a result my pre-req are mediocre at best (2.8-3.0 approx ).

My question is should I submit my MCAT (31 total, 10/10/11 VR/BS/PS). At what point does the pre-req and MCAT score come into play?

Thanks

Any more opinions?????

• 11 months later...

My cGPA is 3.71 and I'm applying as an in-province student. I've written the MCAT 3 times, each time getting better, and my most recent score is on the new MCAT version:

Total: 518 (97%) with breakdown of

CP:130 (97%)

CARS: 129 (93%)

B/B: 128 (87%)

P/S: 131(98%)

I'm undecided on whether or not my MCAT score will help my application/be competitive enough to submit? Also I'm concerned with what McGill stated on its website "Competitive applicants tend not to have written the MCAT more than two times and have generally achieved a minimum overall numeric score of 30 (for 2014 version or earlier)." since this is my 3rd MCAT writing. 

What do people think? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Archived