Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the email decision - I was placed on the waiting list at #4. Although I'm out of province and knew this would play a factor I thought I had a good chance of being accepted first try. Must say I'm upset but will keep my head up. Does anyone have any clue what's the likelihood of getting in with that number on waiting list?

Yikes! It's happening! I think 4 has a pretty good shot. I remember at the info session (available online), they said something about how much the numbers vary. Don't remember exactly by how much but I think they do take a few off the waiting list. My gut would be that #4 would get in. I hope you do!

I still haven't received my decision email...

Yikes! It's happening! I think 4 has a pretty good shot. I remember at the info session (available online), they said something about how much the numbers vary. Don't remember exactly by how much but I think they do take a few off the waiting list. My gut would be that #4 would get in. I hope you do!

I still haven't received my decision email...

Thank you so much for the positive thought :) I'm #4 out of 27 applicants being placed on the wait list. Really hoping this means I can still get in... Hope you receive positive email soon! Good luck :D sending good vibes!

Just got the email decision - I was placed on the waiting list at #4. Although I'm out of province and knew this would play a factor I thought I had a good chance of being accepted first try. Must say I'm upset but will keep my head up. Does anyone have any clue what's the likelihood of getting in with that number on waiting list?

I have a friend who completed the program a few years ago and she was waitlisted at #4 as well. She said she contacted Sonia to find out her chances of getting in and Sonia told her she would definitely get in with spot #4 (and she did!). Maybe email Sonia in a couple of days to see what she says. I'm sure there will be a few people who will decline the offer of admission to UBC once they find out if they got into another school that was their preference. Other schools should be starting to offer admissions in the next month or so.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who was accepted in September!

I have a friend who completed the program a few years ago and she was waitlisted at #4 as well. She said she contacted Sonia to find out her chances of getting in and Sonia told her she would definitely get in with spot #4 (and she did!). Maybe email Sonia in a couple of days to see what she says. I'm sure there will be a few people who will decline the offer of admission to UBC once they find out if they got into another school that was their preference. Other schools should be starting to offer admissions in the next month or so.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who was accepted in September!

Thank you so much :) and congratulations in getting in! :D

People are accepted into the program right up until the week before classes start, so if you're placed nearer the end, hang tight and keep your fingers crossed!! Not everyone who is offered a place accepts too. I think if you're number 4 on the waitlist, you are very likely to be accepted. Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions.

Hey I have not yet! I actually re-emaield Sonia just to confirm it wasn't a mistake email on my acceptance and she said no it wasn't and sometimes it can take a bit. I get the impression Graduate studies just kinds of signs off on the list and we are good to go? I really hope thats the case and they don't re-evaluate everything

Has anyone received their official offer of admission from the Faculty of Graduate studies yet?

Hey I have not yet! I actually re-emaield Sonia just to confirm it wasn't a mistake email on my acceptance and she said no it wasn't and sometimes it can take a bit. I get the impression Graduate studies just kinds of signs off on the list and we are good to go? I really hope thats the case and they don't re-evaluate everything

Hey, I haven't yet either! I actually emailed Sonia to confirm my acceptance too, and she said to expect an offer letter from grad studies soon. So I think it's all just formalities from this point on!

Hey, I haven't yet either! I actually emailed Sonia to confirm my acceptance too, and she said to expect an offer letter from grad studies soon. So I think it's all just formalities from this point on!

I almost emailed to confirm too! After the mistake email in the morning of April 1st  I had a hard time believing that I had receieved the correct email. Especially since the acceptance email I got was addressed to "Dear UBC MOT Applicant" and not by my name, it made me nervous. I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one feeling that way :) Thanks for letting me know! I think it's just a formality as well, but it feels like one more step before I let myself accept that it's really happening!

Archived