Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, For those of you who did not get in, try again! I know the feeling, when I did not get accepted last year I was heartbroken. This is my second time around and I was offered another interview, if anyone would like to prep with me send me a message on here! Goodluck everyone =)

To OT2015-  

Are you BC resident? I emailed and was told BC resident hold about 90% of the seats. For this reason I'm moving out west for next year but my average is about the same as yours, so I'm wondering if I should consider taking more courses, or if it was your province that played more of a role. 

Thanks   :)

To OT2015-  

Are you BC resident? I emailed and was told BC resident hold about 90% of the seats. For this reason I'm moving out west for next year but my average is about the same as yours, so I'm wondering if I should consider taking more courses, or if it was your province that played more of a role. 

Thanks   :)

I got rejected with 83% and I live beside UBC. I can't wait till April 15 to find out why I didn't make it. 

To OT2015-

Hi ! Yes I am a BC resident. You can call after April 15th to find out why I did not get it but they told me that to get an interview it is strictly a gpa cut off, so if you don't make thefpacut off you don't get an interview. So I am definitely going to co tinue with my BA and hopefully get my Gpa up. I am also still going to call anyways just to see :)

Hi ! Yes I am a BC resident. You can call after April 15th to find out why I did not get it but they told me that to get an interview it is strictly a gpa cut off, so if you don't make thefpacut off you don't get an interview. So I am definitely going to co tinue with my BA and hopefully get my Gpa up. I am also still going to call anyways just to see  :)

I got rejected with 83% and I live beside UBC. I can't wait till April 15 to find out why I didn't make it. 

Thanks to both of you for responding, sorry you didn't get in :( That has me really concerned about moving all the way out west only to not get an interview. I have about an 82% average, so maybe it's time to rethink my plan. 

Hey, I just had my interview this afternoon. I"m just wondering what you guys thought about the questions. I feel like I did a good job overall but there a few of the situational questions that i'm not sure if I missed something and it's just bothering me so much... I'm assuming we all had different scenarios.

Really hope I get in, I hate the waiting game!

Hey, I just had my interview this afternoon. I"m just wondering what you guys thought about the questions. I feel like I did a good job overall but there a few of the situational questions that i'm not sure if I missed something and it's just bothering me so much... I'm assuming we all had different scenarios.

Really hope I get in, I hate the waiting game!

From what I know, I believe we all got the same scenario questions. I felt I did well. Of course I felt I could have answered things more thoroughly and technically, but given the circumstances of multiple questions being fired at you every 2 minutes with added nerves and trying to digest the question itself, I think things went relatively well. The interviewers I had were very friendly and we had quite a nice chat at the end of my interview.

I'm sure everyone did well! Tough decisions for the admissions committee for sure! Good luck everyone:) 

I'm late to this thread but thought I would still join in :P

I applied to all the schools in Canada for OT - I received an interview with UBC that was March 4 , for UBC grade it is between 85% - 89% - little unsure because my transcript they receive is alpha and not percentage from Alberta, so unsure what they decide on. My alpha is A for all senior levels. 

We will find out soon! I'm an out of province applicant so I know I have less of a chance but hoping for the best :D

Really want either UBC or U of A :)

Hi guys,

From what I read from this forum, it does seem like they look at your GPA as a cut-off and a successful applicant has to be well rounded. On the website the minimum GPA requirement is 3.33 (B+) and a competitive GPA is 3.7 (A-) as mentioned. I was wondering if anyone has gotten an interview with just the minimum GPA cut off?

I would like to know because my GPA is within the minimum, but definitely not along the competitive GPA. I also have been volunteering within hospital settings since first year and have been working as well. I know I have the personal experiences but the cut-off is what i'm most curious about.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post :)

Cheers.

By the way - does anyone know how heavy the interview is weighed in their final decision? :)

I thought mine went good but of course could have been better!

I'm really not sure! I feel like after the interview, since grades were the cut off, grades don't really play a factor any more. I think at this point its weighted on  the references, personal statement, and interview, but once again thats just a guess of mine. 

Hi guys,

From what I read from this forum, it does seem like they look at your GPA as a cut-off and a successful applicant has to be well rounded. On the website the minimum GPA requirement is 3.33 (B+) and a competitive GPA is 3.7 (A-) as mentioned. I was wondering if anyone has gotten an interview with just the minimum GPA cut off?

I would like to know because my GPA is within the minimum, but definitely not along the competitive GPA. I also have been volunteering within hospital settings since first year and have been working as well. I know I have the personal experiences but the cut-off is what i'm most curious about.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post :)

Cheers.

Hi :) 

I'm not sure about the GPA - I received an interview with the competitive GPA. I have a feeling though that GPA is a big factor for the interview selection. What you can do is email Sonia and ask her :) she has been very helpful and patient!

I'm really not sure! I feel like after the interview, since grades were the cut off, grades don't really play a factor any more. I think at this point its weighted on  the references, personal statement, and interview, but once again thats just a guess of mine. 

Yeah... I do hope they look at the "whole picture" not just the interview! :) Ohhhhh we find out soon! Very exciting :D

I'm late to this thread but thought I would still join in :P

I applied to all the schools in Canada for OT - I received an interview with UBC that was March 4 , for UBC grade it is between 85% - 89% - little unsure because my transcript they receive is alpha and not percentage from Alberta, so unsure what they decide on. My alpha is A for all senior levels. 

We will find out soon! I'm an out of province applicant so I know I have less of a chance but hoping for the best :D

Really want either UBC or U of A :)

Just found out in email I'm 87% for UBC. Glad to know what I went in with for the interview :) Good luck again everyone!

Archived