Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! No date yet. I think one more email will come from OS&OT soon with that info.

That's awesome! I'm still waiting for mine, fingers crossed it comes soon!

ot.2015, do you have any courses in progress? I just finished one of my prerequisite courses and I'm wondering if I'll need to submit the transcripts before I'll get an official offer? I hope not.

That's awesome! I'm still waiting for mine, fingers crossed it comes soon!

ot.2015, do you have any courses in progress? I just finished one of my prerequisite courses and I'm wondering if I'll need to submit the transcripts before I'll get an official offer? I hope not.

I graduated in 2014 so I'm all done with classes. Hopefully that's not the case and it comes soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email from the Department of OT last week saying that the Faculty of Graduate studies was back logged with the letters of admission because of graduation applications etc. There were 17 of us addressed in that email, so there's still quite a few people who haven't received the official offer yet. I imagine the deadline to accept will be different for each person depending on when they actually get their letter of admission.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also accepted to the UBC program (as an out-of-province applicant with a not-perfect GPA!). Has anyone applied to UBC residence? There I am number 480 on the waitlist... Hoping I can find something nice that isn't too far from campus.

• 2 months later...

Hi, do you mind sharing you GPA?

its not just gpa that they consider for acceptance. the gpa gets you an interview after that it is your interview, references, volunteer work, and knowledge of occupational therapy. I asked how they weighted them to offer admission ( gpa, interview and references )to get an idea of where i needed to improve for next time if needed and  the interviewer said that she couldn't tell me.  

its not just gpa that they consider for acceptance. the gpa gets you an interview after that it is your interview, references, volunteer work, and knowledge of occupational therapy. I asked how they weighted them to offer admission ( gpa, interview and references )to get an idea of where i needed to improve for next time if needed and the interviewer said that she couldn't tell me.

Interview is based only on GPA-cut off though? Or does UBC consider other factors?

• 2 weeks later...

its not just gpa that they consider for acceptance. the gpa gets you an interview after that it is your interview, references, volunteer work, and knowledge of occupational therapy. I asked how they weighted them to offer admission ( gpa, interview and references )to get an idea of where i needed to improve for next time if needed and  the interviewer said that she couldn't tell me.  

It's also largely based on where you live as well. They only have very limited spots for out of province. 

Classes start very soon, and I haven't hear anything more about the wait list moving besides the first two have been given a seat back in June and nothing further... I'm #4 on the list and starting to really wonder if I will actually get in? Anyone know of someone who was accepted very close to semester starting?

Archived