Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invite & Regrets Thread 2014-2015

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I highly doubt that they sent all the rejections on Monday, I've seen people getting rejected even after invites are sent.

Do they always sent the e-mails at about the same time? (I think it was ~2:30ish and 4:30ish on monday) or should we an expect an e-mail anytime now? I'm expecting a lot of e-mails to be sent today since nothing happened on tuesday.

Based on posts on this forum or personal experience?

Am I the only one here wondering what is taking them so long to send some e-mails? like seriously.

They check over their stuff quite meticulously before sending out decisions. Much better imo than sending someone an invite/rejection and then going "oops sorry it's actually the other way"

Schools are probably even more careful this year after what happened last year in Ontario

Based on posts from previous years. This is my first time going through the process.

Hmm, I also checked the posts for the last 4 cycles (just for review, not for prediction). Except the 2013/2014 cycles, where rejects came between early deadline and regular deadline invites, and the adcoms were also disorganized, people who posted rejections after invites did not include their time stamps.

They check over their stuff quite meticulously before sending out decisions. Much better imo than sending someone an invite/rejection and then going "oops sorry it's actually the other way"

Schools are probably even more careful this year after what happened last year in Ontario

Can you please tell what happened in Ontario or post the link?

You can search the UofT and Mac forums for more details, but from I recall it went something like this (I got this from reading the forums as well):

UofT: Instead of sending individual acceptance letters to accepted applicants, they sent an email containing ~150 acceptance letters to all of the people. So basically you got the names of everyone accepted.

Mac: Some applicants rejected pre-interview were sent an acceptance letter in May

Not just last year but there has been a history of accidents in this where invites were sent and then had to be retracted in Ontario. As you can imagine it is both embaressing to the school and extremely stressful for applicants. 

This really should be automatic is some fashion. People think it avoids errors doing manually but in reality it just sets it up for these sorts of issues.

TIME STAMP: 10:26 AM (Dec. 3)
Result: Invite
GPA: ~90
MCAT: ~12's in each
ECs: Variable. ~175 hours in hospital, shadowing, 2 executive position in clubs, research (2 years, no pubs), small job/volunteer work for the Faculty of medicine, a few GPA-related awards.
Early/Regular Deadline: Early
Year: UG
Geography: IP

This is so humbling- I'm seeing a lot of good folks being rejected. Good luck to those still waiting.

Well done guys, congrats to all of you. And regular deadline and OOPs would still have to wait ??

The only thing that's known about this process is that early deadliners get one more day notice over the regular submission applicants.

Archived