Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invite & Regrets Thread 2014-2015

I honestly believe they purposely release decisions right before the office closes so that they don't have to deal with a wave of appeals and complaints as soon as the emails go out.

IIRC there is no appeals process for most of what people would complain about(Why my NAQ is so low etc), so don't think that's it haha

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way they release invites is a joke(can't they just post early deadline first and then regular invites/rejections) , It is first week of exams and here I am in library checking my email every 5 min to NOT get an email LOL I think to not fail my exam I gonna stop checking my email all together till fri.

The way they release invites is a joke(can't they just post early deadline first and then regular invites/rejections) , It is first week of exams and here I am in library checking my email every 5 min to NOT get an email LOL I think to not fail my exam I gonna stop checking my email all together till fri.

Agreed. They don't even have to e-mail us. They already know everything (since they released the interim stats), can't they just post it on OAS and e-mail everyone and ask them to check? Like the way MCAT is done? 

-- I'm also hoping NOT to get an e-mail within the next 20 minutes or so!

So by June 2016 he will have that; wouldn't he be eligible next application cycle? Unless I have misunderstood what he wrote and his military service stops this June

Yeah I will continue my military service simply because I feel its proud thing to do. I'm not simply doing it for medical school. It brings you a lot of pride and you learn a lot of strong skills. 

With regards to 2 years to be considered in province. Does anyone actually have sources for that or is it anecdotal?

- E

Yeah I will continue my military service simply because I feel its proud thing to do. I'm not simply doing it for medical school. It brings you a lot of pride and you learn a lot of strong skills. 

With regards to 2 years to be considered in province. Does anyone actually have sources for that or is it anecdotal?

- E

From the Calgary Applicant manual

For the 2015-2016 cycle:
Applicants will be considered Albertans if they meet one of the following criteria

2. Have been on active duty for the 24 months prior to classes starting (ie August 1, 2014-August 1, 2016) with the Canadian Armed Forces2 or the RCMP.

I hope this applies to you :)

He would need to have served in the military for a minimum of 2 years to be considered IP for calgary/Alberta

Epiclion, it's very hard to say how your added EC's will be evaluated. Unfortunately the Adcoms don't compare and contrast your previous applications so they won't be able to objectively add NAQ points based off your EC improvement. Of course, it is possible for your NAQ score to go up if you truly commit to more EC's and hope for at least a 2 point increase. But even then, you don't know what the TFR cut off will be next year.

In my opinion, even though you have a 150 credit pool, you can still bring up your AQ score if you do a heavy courseload of fairly easy subjects to bring up your GPA. The best part about your AQ evaluation is that there is 0 subjectivity. You can be 100% sure that it will increase if you do increase your GPA.

StayHappy, from what I understood it seems that his military service will terminate at 1 yr9months. So if he continues for 3 more months he would definitely qualify for IP status not only for alberta but also Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

Just regarding the military service. You need to have served in the Regular Force (aka full-time) for minimum of 2 years to be considered IP for Alberta or Saskatchewan. Reserve service would not count.

- E

You can find information about the IP status if you read the admission criteria for Alberta and Saskatchewan. Unfortunately it only applies if you're in regular force.

I truly believe that the administrators who are sending out these emails have a stack of files at their desk.

They take it off the top, put together the email specifics, update the OAS, record it and send.

Suspect, zero order of any sort. No grouping in IP or OOP, No early or regular grouping, etc.

I truly believe that the administrators who are sending out these emails have a stack of files at their desk.

They take it off the top, put together the email specifics, update the OAS, record it and send.

Suspect, zero order of any sort. No grouping in IP or OOP, No early or regular grouping, etc.

But they already have all of the statistics recorded, since they already released the total applicant profile yesterday. That means when they recorded the AQ and NAQ scores they would have had it attributed in their database to the applicants identifiers.  It should be a simple automation, and then human verification to ensure accuracy and then sending. After sending, a automated confirmation that it was effectively distributed via whatever email automation software they are using.

But they already have all of the statistics recorded, since they already released the total applicant profile yesterday. That means when they recorded the AQ and NAQ scores they would have had it attributed in their database to the applicants identifiers.  It should be a simple automation, and then human verification to ensure accuracy and then sending. After sending, a automated confirmation that it was effectively distributed via whatever email automation software they are using.

Yes I agree.

I just don't expect that the order that they verify each file before sending is in any particular order.

From the 2012 interview posts, originally posted by meddream (http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/66398-ubc-interview-invitesregrets/page-18)

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

It seems like this:

Monday - all regrets 
Tuesday - quite
Wednesday - invites for early submission
Thursday - all other invites
Friday - nothing

Seems like this is what is being used this year 

From the 2012 interview posts, originally posted by meddream (http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/66398-ubc-interview-invitesregrets/page-18)

Seems like this is what is being used this year

hopefully. In the 2011/2012 cycle, I don't know what Tuesday was like but Wednesday had regrets, Thursday came invites. ill double check though.

I highly doubt that they sent all the rejections on Monday, I've seen people getting rejected even after invites are sent.

Do they always sent the e-mails at about the same time? (I think it was ~2:30ish and 4:30ish on monday) or should we an expect an e-mail anytime now? I'm expecting a lot of e-mails to be sent today since nothing happened on tuesday.

Archived