Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invite & Regrets Thread 2014-2015

Funny. I used those this year and went down a significant amount.

I think it depends on how you used them. I didn't just quote the exact role in every section; instead, I phrased my answers demonstrating the roles without deliberating stating "Manager", "Communicator", etc.

Nevertheless, I still don't know what improved my score for certain. So you could very well be correct.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any early applicants that haven't received rejection or an invite? This would mean tomorrow would still certainly be a sweat for regular deadline applicants

i feel like that would go against the whole early submit = early booking slot for invite. because if they staggered the early invites then it puts one group of early submitters over another? does that make sense? b/c those who got their invites have booked today

i feel like that would go against the whole early submit = early booking slot for invite. because if they staggered the early invites then it puts one group of early submitters over another? does that make sense? b/c those who got their invites have booked today

It could just mean there could be early submitters who are waiting for a rejection email still?

I've set this thread notification to send me an email everytime someone posts.

I did it to desensitive myself to seeing email notifications on my phone.

So far its not working haha, I still have a mini heart attack everytime.

I tried exactly the same thing, but turned the notifications off after just receiving 1 email.

Could not stand that stress... LOL

Night people, get back to your daily lives at least until 8:30AM tomorrow.  Hope we hear good news tomorrow, and if we are destined to hear not-so-good news that we hear it sooner rather than later and not the last 20 minutes of Friday.

I certainly need a closure before my Friday afternoon exam .....

I think it depends on how you used them. I didn't just quote the exact role in every section; instead, I phrased my answers demonstrating the roles without deliberating stating "Manager", "Communicator", etc.

Nevertheless, I still don't know what improved my score for certain. So you could very well be correct.

Yep, did the same thing. There's no formula. I don't think they really care how you write it as they've said before. It's more about what they're looking for that particular year and how your activities stack up to that profile.

To those fearing rejections in the next few days, they've almost always sent out ALL rejections first, and then it's just invites. So, congrats to those still alive.

Yep, did the same thing. There's no formula. I don't think they really care how you write it as they've said before. It's more about what they're looking for that particular year and how your activities stack up to that profile.

To those fearing rejections in the next few days, they've almost always sent out ALL rejections first, and then it's just invites. So, congrats to those still alive.

I support this as well. it's not about whether u used CanMeds description or not. Mine was straight up descriptions of what I actually did and I ended up with 33.70 this cycle. It's what you actually do that gets u points, not about what 'words' you choose to use on the description. If I organized a charity event, I listed exactly that and adcom knows when we use certain words to make things look better as they have years of experience going through many apps.

I support this as well. it's not about whether u used CanMeds description or not. Mine was straight up descriptions of what I actually did and I ended up with 33.70 this cycle. It's what you actually do that gets u points, not about what 'words' you choose to use on the description. If I organized a charity event, I listed exactly that and adcom knows when we use certain words to make things look better as they have years of experience going through many apps.

I know what you mean, and to be fair I do have good activities that would also support what you're saying.

However, I had a very low NAQ last year because my descriptions were sparse. While I had a few new activities this year, most of them were the same as last year. Biggest difference was how I described them this year. Therfore, I do think it matters how you describe them.

TIME STAMP: 1:26 PM (Ontario time) Dec 3rd
Result: Invite
GPA: 85.5% wGPA
MCAT: 31 total
ECs: Extremely varied, lots of leadership, lots of creative/arts-related activities, many health and medicine related activities, many awards and scholarships, several part-time jobs, some research.
Early/Regular Deadline: Early
Year: 5th year UG
Geography: OOP

I was absolutely astounded to receive an invite -- going to med school at UBC would be a dream come true, and I never thought I would ever even get this close to it as an OOP applicant. Good luck to everyone else :)

WOW! Your NAQ would be very high, around 38.

ECs: Extremely varied, lots of leadership, lots of creative/arts-related activities, many health and medicine related activities, many awards and scholarships, several part-time jobs, some research.

I was absolutely astounded to receive an invite -- going to med school at UBC would be a dream come true, and I never thought I would ever even get this close to it as an OOP applicant. Good luck to everyone else :)

Wow, congratulations! Based on the AQ formula AnotherThought posted earlier in this thread, you would've needed over a 38 on NAQ to reach the OOP cutoff. Clearly your ECs are really impressive!

Archived