Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tropicanalysol

Deferred Exams

You could ask your registrar's office what goes on the transcript.  My unofficial transcript shows deferrals but turns out that the official ones the school mails out don't show them.

At many schools all that matters is the actual number of the GPA.  A couple evaluate the transcript holistically - if you want you can write a note in the "additional comments" section of the application stating you had medical issues.  I did that.  I don't know if it made a difference or if anybody read it.  The issue never came up at interviews.

Exam deferrals generally won't be documented in your transcript, unless you are requesting a transcript before you have written the deferred exam or before it has been marked and submitted to the registrar. But as long as you have a final grade for your course, no one will know you had a deferred exam.

On 12/2/2014 at 8:53 PM, jill123 said:

In my school when you defer an exam nothing will be shown on the transcript, so I think it shouldn't be a problem at all. I hope you get better soon :)

On 12/2/2014 at 9:03 PM, ellorie said:

You could ask your registrar's office what goes on the transcript.  My unofficial transcript shows deferrals but turns out that the official ones the school mails out don't show them.

At many schools all that matters is the actual number of the GPA.  A couple evaluate the transcript holistically - if you want you can write a note in the "additional comments" section of the application stating you had medical issues.  I did that.  I don't know if it made a difference or if anybody read it.  The issue never came up at interviews.