Premed 101 Forums

Nyu Dental Interview

Hello everyone,

I just received an interview invitation from NYU dental (I have yet to call them to book a date).

I was wondering if someone could shed light on the structure of the interview? Is it a traditional interview with a panel? Also, how long is the interview usually? If anyone has interviewed there or at a school with a similar interview format, could you please tell me how I should best prepare for it?

I interviewed there back in Oct - super informal. You arrive and they give you a 'supplemental application' which asks for basic personal information, including a short paragraph on why you want to go to NYUCD. They then call individual names and you are interviewed in a room with one member of faculty for about 10 minutes. You are asked really standard interview questions such as "why dentistry?", "tell me about your volunteer experience", "what was your least favourite course?" etc. etc. You then wait for everyone to finish their interviews and a couple of current NYUCD DMD students take the group around the facility and there is a sit-down question and answer session. You finish with lunch in the cafeteria and you are free to go by ~1pm or earlier. Hope that helps!

I'd say easier than others just because of the larger class size. Don't quote me on these numbers, but I remember them saying they interview ~700 students, and fill ~350 spots. And since they are rolling admissions, your chance of acceptance is even higher with a pre-december interview. 

Archived