Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

Applied: Western, Toronto, Queens (all PT)

Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: Cum 3.89, Sub 3.94

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:
I'm fairly confident in the strength of my essays, more so with Queens' submission questions than Western's. I've accumulated about 200 hours of volunteer experience in PT or related fields, including a two-week international healthcare volunteer initiative in San Jose, Costa Rica with several PTs, OTs, and a pediatric physician. My academic reference is the associate dean and director of my faculty, who was also the supervisor of my fourth-year research project, and my professional reference was an outpatient PT who I volunteered with for ~120 hours. Received an invitation to the CAP exam for UofT, and (im)patiently waiting for May 15th to hear back from Queens and Western. Crossing my fingers!

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, unfortunately she didn't. I asked about OT though and she said it most likely will go down from the initial 3.69. I don't think she wanted to give out any false hope and I think she's just going through everything today to be able to send out the second round offers tomorrow. So, I don't think she has any set cut-offs as of yet, but some invites for both programs should go out tomorrow. I know it's very vague, but at least there's still hope for some of us!

No, unfortunately she didn't. I asked about OT though and she said it most likely will go down from the initial 3.69. I don't think she wanted to give out any false hope and I think she's just going through everything today to be able to send out the second round offers tomorrow. So, I don't think she has any set cut-offs as of yet, but some invites for both programs should go out tomorrow. I know it's very vague, but at least there's still hope for some of us!

Ok thanks!!

Hey, got an invitation to the interview to McMaster as well with a sGPA 3.64. So happy and relieved to get a chance.

Question, the link they give to complete the online acceptance form, mine's not working (it says "login failed"). Not really sure what to do.  Did anyone else have this problem?

Applied: Dalhousie (OOP), Western, MacMaster, Toronto, Queen's (Occupational Therapy)

Accepted: Dalhousie, Interview at MacMaster

Rejected:

Wait Listed:

GPA: I think c - 3.63, s 3.7

Strengths: I've worked with a lot of children and youth who would qualify as OT clients, and have a pretty solid handle on what life is actually like living with a disability and navigating society, politics, bureaucracy and just ADLs. I get pretty passionate talking about ways we can easily improve quality of life via occupations, so I'm hoping I was able to reflect that. My mom said my essays were good... ;)

Also, my references must have knocked it out of the park for me to get early admission as an OOP student at Dalhousie. Fingers crossed, because my sGPA sure isn't very high compared to most I'm seeing! 

Applied: Dalhousie (OOP), Western, MacMaster, Toronto, Queen's (Occupational Therapy)

Accepted: Dalhousie, Interview at MacMaster

Rejected:

Wait Listed:

GPA: I think c - 3.63, s 3.7

Strengths: I've worked with a lot of children and youth who would qualify as OT clients, and have a pretty solid handle on what life is actually like living with a disability and navigating society, politics, bureaucracy and just ADLs. I get pretty passionate talking about ways we can easily improve quality of life via occupations, so I'm hoping I was able to reflect that. My mom said my essays were good... ;)

Also, my references must have knocked it out of the park for me to get early admission as an OOP student at Dalhousie. Fingers crossed, because my sGPA sure isn't very high compared to most I'm seeing! 

What's OOP? :)

If it makes anyone feel better, I had initially accepted my offer for interview at McMaster and for the CAP at UofT, but I will be calling them to cancel as I got accepted into my top choice of programs! So that will open up spots for some of you on the wait list :):) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! You can do it!

Archived