Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

Applied: Western, UofT, McMaster, Queen's (all OT)

Accepted: Western

Waitlisted: UofT
Rejected:
GPA: subGPA 3.93, cumGPA 3.94

No word yet from Queen's or Mac. Western is my first choice so I'm over the moon. :) Congrats to everyone who has received an acceptance so far!

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! Looks like you had some really great marks. Im going to be applying for UBC and UofA for the 2016 cycle, any tips for me to prepare? What kind of volunteer experience did you have?

my volunteer experience was minimal, i had the bare minimum 70 hours for UBC.

(had like over 500 hours at a hospital but that was over 3 years ago so i didn't even bother to put that in)

I really don't think they look at references and hours, especially at UofA since they explicitly state that it's 50% MMI and 50% grades.

i would recommend practicing the MMI with many different people. Even arguing with friends is good practice. You need to be able to consider and explain both sides of an argument for the MMI even if you favour one course of action. You'd be surprised just by discussion MMI topics with people, just how many viewpoints that you've never considered.

Other than that, make sure you choose your highest marks for your pre-reqs. For example, for the psychology prereq, i used one of my KIN courses (sport psychology) rather than a PSYCH course (10% higher). A lot of my friends when they were applying didn't even think they could do that and were only selecting their psych prereq from their PSYC course codes.

Applied: Western, Queens, Toronto, McMaster (All OT & PT)

Accepted: Western OT, Toronto OT, Toronto PT, McMaster OT, McMaster PT, Queens OT

Waitlist: Western PT

Rejected: Queens PT

GPA: sub 3.92, cum 3.89

Perceived strength of essays/interviews etc.: felt pretty bad about both Mac interviews, so surprised to be admitted there. Felt good about Toronto CAP, felt decent about essays

Trying to decide between Mac PT and Toronto PT!!!

Applied: Western, McMaster, Toronto (all PT)

Accepted: 

Waitlist: Western, Toronto

Rejected: McMaster

GPA: sub 3.85, cum 3.74

UofT placed me at #118 on the waitlist... Being that 340 were invited for the CAP and there's 85-90 spots, I'm assuming my chances of receiving admission are nil.  I'm a first time applicant.  Does anyone know from experience how fluid the waitlist placements are - i.e. is there any chance in hell I'll be given a spot?

I have no idea where I'm placed on Western's waitlist. 

I want to be optimistic. Happy thoughts. Congrats to all those accepted! 

THIS MEANS I GOT IN RIGHT?! I'm kinda freaking out because it doesn't say it plaining "you are accepted" lol 

Dear _____________,

The Admissions Committee of the Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto, intends to mail you an official offer of admission package today. You should receive it within 7 days (sooner if you live in the 416/905 area). The letter contains a time-sensitive written acceptance form for you to submit with a small deposit. If you have not received it within that time frame, please notify me immediately (ot.studentservices@utoronto.ca).

THIS MEANS I GOT IN RIGHT?! I'm kinda freaking out because it doesn't say it plaining "you are accepted" lol

Dear _____________,

The Admissions Committee of the Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto, intends to mail you an official offer of admission package today. You should receive it within 7 days (sooner if you live in the 416/905 area). The letter contains a time-sensitive written acceptance form for you to submit with a small deposit. If you have not received it within that time frame, please notify me immediately (ot.studentservices@utoronto.ca).

Lol yea it does. That email messed with my head so much. Congrats!!

Applied: Queens, Western, Dalhousie (all PT & OT)
Accepted: Western PT & OT
Waitlist: Dalhousie OT
Rejected: Dalhousie PT
GPA: sub 3.61, cum 3.76

Shocked. I did not expect to be accepted right away to Western, especially being shut down at Dal. Hard work always pays off in the end!

Dear _____________,

I received a rejection from UofT but yes, I would say so (I got something similar from Dal). Congrats!!! Celebrate!

UPDATE:

Applied: UofT, Western, Mac, Queens (All OT/PT)

Accepted: OT UofT

Interview: Mac (ot)
Waitlisted: Western OT top 1/3
Rejected: UofT PT, Western PT, Mac OT and PT and Queens PT and OT
GPA (cum and sub): cGPA 3.61, sGPA 3.71

Accepted U of T OT !  :)

Shocked. I did not expect to be accepted right away to Western, especially being shut down at Dal. Hard work always pays off in the end!

Congratulations! Since you have been accepted are you going to contact Dalhousie to be removed from their wait list?

You got accepted into Western PT with a 3.61 sGPA? Not to be rude but that is a really low sGPA for western, considering how high the sGPA's were last year. your essay portion must have been very strong.

Applied: Queens, Western, UofT, McMaster (all PT)

Waitlist: UofT (105)

Rejected: Queens, Mac

GPA: sub 3.81, cum 3.76

I thought my CAP was okay. Felt very strongly about my Mac interview but I guess my sGPA was not enough to pull through. Knew my PT-related experience was weak for Queens. I used a slightly altered version of my Queens personal statement for Western. Surprised I got accepted into Western as this was the least expecting opportunity. I'm very thankful that one school is giving me a chance to finally become a PT :)

Applied: Queens, Western, UofT, McMaster (all PT)

Waitlist: UofT (105)

Rejected: Queens, Mac

GPA: sub 3.81, cum 3.76

I thought my CAP was okay. Felt very strongly about my Mac interview but I guess my sGPA was not enough to pull through. Knew my PT-related experience was weak for Queens. I used a slightly altered version of my Queens personal statement for Western. Surprised I got accepted into Western as this was the least expecting opportunity. I'm very thankful that one school is giving me a chance to finally become a PT :)

I am 115 and I've seen another poster with 118.....does that not seem like an extremely high number of people to waitlist? Is it possible it's a mistake or is it normal to see wait lists of 100+???

Archived