Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think they will be sending out any more invites tomorrow? If not, do you think its ok to call and see why I did not receive an invite for Mac OT? I got an invite for PT (sGPA = 3.92) and i definitely paid the extra fee to apply to both...

Congrats to all those who got an invite!  :)

I'm wondering as well since my U of M OT interview is at the exact same time :S

Received my McMaster interview today at 1PM Alberta time :D

I have the same problem. I'm so conflicted on which I would choose and I want to drop my spot as soon as possible for the school I don't choose so someone else can have my spot. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what they say. I'll let you know. 

I'm just speaking on behalf of individuals who have the passion to be an OT. Once you know what you want to be for a profession it's very hard to look else where when you know in your heart this is what you want and who you want to be  :)

For me I have viewed lots of different professions to try and figure it out, so much, that my undergrad is actually completely away from OT. However, once I found out, studied, learned, researched and volunteered for OT, I knew this was it and my head wasn't going to turn anywhere else.   :P I feel this probably applies to others as well and their dedication and appreciation to be an OT or PT.   :)

I do think it's very sad some people us this as their back up, as every single health profession is different and none are the same, so shouldn't all be put in the same category... and feel you should keep fighting for what profession you want and to not give up... but that's just me and my opinion. I understand there are lots of circumstances too   :)

All the best everyone and keep your head up  :) it's not over yet!

Thank you for saying this (and much more eloquently than I could have!) Having worked with quite a few OTs, A lot of them express how upset they are that people use the profession as a backup (many have actually expressed how disappointed they are in Ontario schools for eliminating their prerequisites, but that's a different story). Even between OT and PT there are astronomical differences (even starting with just the mindset of each profession). The moment I took a course pertaining to OT I knew it was what I was meant to do. Nothing else could ever compare for me, and I have worked relentlessly volunteering and getting my GPA up (though, obviously not enough for ORPAS, sigh). It breaks my heart to hear people in my classes say they are using the profession I am passionate about as a "back up". 

Regardless, I like to believe that we will all get to where we're meant to be. I know that many, if not most or all of you on these forums are just as passionate about these programs as I am, and if you are, don't give up, as frustrating as the spike in GPA can be. It'll be worth it to one day get there and know that you worked this hard to change people's lives every day. I wish everyone here good luck! 

I have the same problem. I'm so conflicted on which I would choose and I want to drop my spot as soon as possible for the school I don't choose so someone else can have my spot. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what they say. I'll let you know. 

I just called and got mine switched over and explained that I had U of M too and it was no problem :) but call as soon as possible as there might be limited space left to switch around :) Good luck!

Thank you for saying this (and much more eloquently than I could have!) Having worked with quite a few OTs, A lot of them express how upset they are that people use the profession as a backup (many have actually expressed how disappointed they are in Ontario schools for eliminating their prerequisites, but that's a different story). Even between OT and PT there are astronomical differences (even starting with just the mindset of each profession). The moment I took a course pertaining to OT I knew it was what I was meant to do. Nothing else could ever compare for me, and I have worked relentlessly volunteering and getting my GPA up (though, obviously not enough for ORPAS, sigh). It breaks my heart to hear people in my classes say they are using the profession I am passionate about as a "back up". 

Regardless, I like to believe that we will all get to where we're meant to be. I know that many, if not most or all of you on these forums are just as passionate about these programs as I am, and if you are, don't give up, as frustrating as the spike in GPA can be. It'll be worth it to one day get there and know that you worked this hard to change people's lives every day. I wish everyone here good luck! 

You're very welcome :D I have that strong passion as well which is why I spoke up for all of us who feel the same :D It really makes me sad as well when I read or hear about it being "back up" and just because there are so many who are so strong and passionate about it ( like us :P ) and would fight to just gain the spot that another individual said was "back up". Also, I feel for the individual who had to choose their "back up" as there was something else they wanted and wasn't able to get at that moment.

Again, I do understand that some people have personal circumstances. My most care is for any individual going for any profession is to put everything you got in doing an amazing job and to also enjoy what they do :D we are very lucky in Canada to even be given the opportunity to pursue our dreams (although it takes lots of hard work to get there as well) and it's something to be thankful for :)

Hehe I think I'm done my rant :P but again all the best to you and everyone and keep on smiling, keep your head up and fight (fairly and with kindness) for what you want and believe in! 

Does anyone know how McMaster's OT and PT offers are made? I appied to both but havent heard from either :( Are new offers made weekly? Daily? Will we be notified if we're placed on the waitlist?

Thanks guys

I would call Pamela and leave her a voice mail. I'm sure she will call back and help you with your question :)

Does anyone know how McMaster's OT and PT offers are made? I appied to both but havent heard from either :( Are new offers made weekly? Daily? Will we be notified if we're placed on the waitlist?

Thanks guys

Also wondering the same. Did anyone call and ask?

I just called and got mine switched over and explained that I had U of M too and it was no problem :) but call as soon as possible as there might be limited space left to switch around :) Good luck!

Hey thanks a lot for the heads up. totally chickened out this morning and wasn't going to call. I just did and got it fixed. Good luck to you too!

Hey thanks a lot for the heads up. totally chickened out this morning and wasn't going to call. I just did and got it fixed. Good luck to you too!

You're welcome :) I understand it can be nerve racking but I really wanted to attend both so had to get up the courage and do it :P Pamela was very nice!

Has everyone heard from mcmaster about pt interviews that has applied? I'm still waiting for my email. I am going to call and leave a message I think by this point

I haven't heard anything either from McMaster about OT interviews, but by the looks of things on here, it's only been a day. Can someone please post what the GPA cutoff for Mac was for OT if it said in it in the email?

I haven't heard anything either from McMaster about OT interviews, but by the looks of things on here, it's only been a day. Can someone please post what the GPA cutoff for Mac was for OT if it said in it in the email?

They didn't provide this information in the invite but when I called Pamela today it still stated OT cutoff was 3.69

Archived