Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

Any idea how many people got invited for the interview? And of those people that got asked, how many or out of province and how many are in province?

so far i have found out that about 300 people get invited for the interview for mac, BUT i am not sure if there is a select number of seats reserved for In province and select reserved for Out of Province.

I have also found out that only 15% of the seats for University of Alberta is reserved for out of province. there are 600 people that apply but I have no idea how many people get invited for the interview. But of those 600 people,110 people get accepted.

For toronto, 350 people get invited for the CAP and roughly 90 people get offered a seat. I am not sure how many seats are reserved for Out of province and how many are reserved for in province.

If anyone can shed further light, it would be greatly appreciated

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What have the past cut-off's been for acceptance into Queen's and Western PT? 

Western's PT cutoff was a 3.81. That was the LAST person's GPA to get accepted into the program. The initial cutoff was a 3.89. Queen's PT is not transparent and it seems to depend a lot on your written portion. There is a minimum GPA for your written portion to be read and i think that was a 3.55 last year. 

For all of you still waiting on an interview from Mcmaster for the OT program don't lose faith! On April 8th at around 4pm I was emailed with an interview and my sGPA is 3.68.  

Thanks for letting us know! Gives some hope lol 

EDIT: Does anyone know if the sGPA for OT has dropped at all? 

Western's PT cutoff was a 3.81. That was the LAST person's GPA to get accepted into the program. The initial cutoff was a 3.89. Queen's PT is not transparent and it seems to depend a lot on your written portion. There is a minimum GPA for your written portion to be read and i think that was a 3.55 last year. 

Thanks! Do you have any idea if Queen's PT has accepted applicants with relatively lower GPAs compared to the competitive pool for that cycle if they have really good practical experience?

Thanks! Do you have any idea if Queen's PT has accepted applicants with relatively lower GPAs compared to the competitive pool for that cycle if they have really good practical experience?

Queen's has been known to accept people with lower GPA's and reject people with very high GPA's (3.9's). I think the written portion has a lot of weight in your application. I am not sure what exactly they are looking for it terms of acceptance and rejection. 

Anyone else in the same position as me? 

I applied for Mac's PT & OT with a sgpa of 3.87

got an interview for OT but still havent heard from PT yet 

but my friend told me that he received an interview invite from PT two days ago 

and his sgpa is at 3.83

what the heck...i dont know what's going on 
isn't the first round solely based on marks? 

Anyone else in the same position as me?

I applied for Mac's PT & OT with a sgpa of 3.87

got an interview for OT but still havent heard from PT yet

but my friend told me that he received an interview invite from PT two days ago

and his sgpa is at 3.83

what the heck...i dont know what's going on

isn't the first round solely based on marks?

Did you send the extra $90 to Mac for applying to both programs?

I am in a confusing situation and wondering if anyone is in the same boat... I got rejected from McMaster OT with a sub-GPA of 3.9 (calculated by ORPAS) and an even higher cGPA. In their rejection email, they mention several possible reasons for rejection including the sub-GPA cutoff, writing the TOEFL or an incomplete application. I didn't require the TOEFL as I am a native English speaker and never got any notification from ORPAS or McMaster that my application was incomplete. I double checked my ORPAS application after the rejection and it clearly shows my sub-GPA (which surpasses the cutoff) and it doesn't appear that any info is missing. I've contacted McMaster OT admissions and have yet to hear back. However, I am expecting a standard response of "all decisions are final and we can't provide you with any additional info regarding the rejection". Nevertheless, I was hoping someone had some input or idea as to what could have happened or if there is any possible way of contacting McMaster or even ORPAS directly.

Applying next year and wondering what programs you guys think I have a shot for (PT only) 

UBC student, 4th year, Behavioural Neuroscience. Worked in research lab for 2 years, volunteer with 16 year old with autism and at senior's center, hopefully this summer also with a physiotherapist I've been corresponding with. 

UBC Average = 88.4%

cGPA = 3.57
sGPA = 3.83

My 4.33 GPA is higher, though I'm not sure by how much. I have few A's and many A+'s so the 4.0 scale not taking that into account is really hurting my average! 
Any input/stats from this year's/last years applicants may calm me down a bit! 

Thanks, and good luck to everyone who applied this year! 

Applied: McMaster, Western, Toronto, Queens (all OT)
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: Cum 3.89, Sub 3.92
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: 

I personally think my essays were good, of course (since I submitted them!), but who knows exactly what they were looking for.

I got invited to the Mac interview so I can update on my thoughts of the strength of that when it's done.

References: I didn't get a chance to read either of them but I'm pretty confident that they'll be good - one from a professor I did some research with, one from an employer.

I think my strengths are my GPA and experiences as opposed to essays/references. I've worked with a lot of special populations in a lot of different settings (brain injuries, developmental disabilities, Demetia/Parkinson's/Stroke, heart attack survivors, etc.). 

One more month, good luck everyone! 

Archived