Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PT - Does anyone know how many OOP UofA is interviewing, and how many they typically accept?  I know they say "minimum 15% OOP" of the 110 they accept, but I was wondering if they usually accept more then the 15% or not? 

Thanks!

I would assume that 15% of the 200 that they are interviewing are OOP. Still good odds though!

Congratulations to those you got accepted to the U of A OT :) Pretty sad right now as I thought I was definitely competitive enough (3.81) and overall with experience, etc. plus being IP to get the first round admission... could you please tell me what your GPA's are? Do you think they will send more out today or this week?

has anyone received a letter through mail from UofA for OT yet? I'm wondering how long they provide to give information on confirming our seats and the nature of our acceptance. 

In the email it said that we would be recieving the letters at the end of April so they should be arriving in the next few days. If you are still doing your degree or have not yet completed your degree you will be given a conditional acceptance and will have to submit your final transcript by June. If you are done your degree you will most likely receive an unconditional acceptance.

Applied: McMaster, Toronto, Queen's (all PT) 

Accepted: 

Rejected:

Wait Listed:

GPA: 3.87

Strengths: I thought my essays for Queen's PT were pretty solid. Did over 200 hours of volunteering for a private PT clinic. Also had several extracurricular at school that involved leadership skills. Other experiences include shadowing a PT & OT at an orthopedic outpatient center. 

Applied: UBC, UofA, Western, Toronto, McMaster, Queens (all OT) 

Accepted: UofA

Rejected:

Wait Listed: UBC

GPA: 3.7 

Strengths: Very strong essays/personal statements. I have extensive course work, volunteer work and research in Occupational Therapy, so I'm sure that was a large contributing factor. My references are also very strong: an OT and a professor that I did OT research, who also used to be an OT professor at Western. I will be accepting UofA, so the UBC waitlist will be getting shorter:) 

Applied: Dalhousie (OT) (Nova Scotian Applicant)

Accepted: 

Rejected:

Wait Listed: Dalhousie (OT)

GPA: 3.4

Strengths: Experience working as an PT assistant and OT assistance for the past 2 years. 

REALLY hope to get into OT this year, as I tried last year and was rejected due to marks being a little to low, so I went back and upgraded those courses to improve my GPA. 

Does anyone know if the wait list has started moving at all?

They called you? Not an email? What was your cumulative GPA and your sub GPA? I'm still waiting to hear :(

I was on the waiting list, so they called me to confirm if I was still interested in attending the school. After that conversation they sent me an offer of admission via email.

Good luck everyone!

I was on the waiting list, so they called me to confirm if I was still interested in attending the school. After that conversation they sent me an offer of admission via email.

Good luck everyone!

Questions from a friend who applied to Dal and is on the waitlist:

Are you an out of province applicant?

Archived