Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got accepted into Western PT with a 3.61 sGPA? Not to be rude but that is a really low sGPA for western, considering how high the sGPA's were last year. your essay portion must have been very strong.

Sorry I reversed them. My sub was 3.76 and cum was 3.61. Guess I got too excited and overlooked that detail!

Applied: Queens, UofT (OT)

Accepted:

Waitlist: Queens

Rejected: UofT

GPA: sub 3.41

I honestly thought I had absolutely no chance, but I am so glad that I was even waitlisted at Queens!! My experience includes volunteering for 3+ years with children with autism; at an inpatient unit with an OT; various campus leadership position; research position with palliative care physicians.

I really really hope that the waitlist will move up!

Applied: Western, Queens, UofT, Mac, Alberta (all PT)
Accepted: Toronto PT (will be accepting), Mac PT
Waitlist: Alberta PT, Western PT
Rejected: Queen's PT
GPA: sub 3.85, cum 3.71

Other: Ontario resident 

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! Three attempts and I've finally been accepted! Congratulations to all those successful and good luck to all those waiting on waitlists. I will be withdrawing my name from the Western and Alberta waitlists, and declining my Mac offer so those spots should open up to someone deserving! Don't give up people!

Applied: Toronto, Western, Mac, Queens (all PT)
Accepted: Toronto, Mac, Queens 
Waitlist: Western 
Rejected: 
GPA: sub 3.94, cum 3.79

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! This forum was such a great resource while prepping for interviews so I want to give a huge thanks for everyone's input and advice. For those on the waitlist spots should be opening up soon, good luck!! 

Applied: Toronto, Western, Mac, Queens (all PT)

Accepted: Toronto, Mac, Queens 

Waitlist: Western 

Rejected: 

GPA: sub 3.94, cum 3.79

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! This forum was such a great resource while prepping for interviews so I want to give a huge thanks for everyone's input and advice. For those on the waitlist spots should be opening up soon, good luck!!

Congrats! Just wondering if you have an idea of which offer you'll accept? (I'm on the Queens waitlist haha)

Applied: U of T, Mac, Western, Queen's (all PT)
Accepted: U of T, Mac
Waitlisted: Western 
Rejected: Queen's
GPA: sub - 3.85, cum - 3.73

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: I felt my essays for queen's were good (not great), used basically the same version of one of them for Western. I only had one volunteer experience directly related to PT (80 hrs at a rehab hospital) so I didn't expect anything from Queen's. Overall I felt good about U of T/Mac interviews. I thought I bombed one of the questions at Mac cuz the guy gave me such a weird look while I was answering - I instantly regretted my answer sooo much, but I guess it went well!! I know one of my references was really strong, not sure about the other one. 

I'll be accepting U of T so hopefully someone on the waitlist for Mac will get some good news soon!  :D Best of luck to everyone!! 

Successful Western PT applicants! A facebook group has been created for you to gain information about the program and communicate with each other and the current Western students. Feel free to join even if you are undecided! We are very excited to meet all of you in September :)

The group name is Western MPT 2015-2017 (Master of Physical Therapy)

Successful Western PT applicants! A facebook group has been created for you to gain information about the program and communicate with each other and the current Western students. Feel free to join even if you are undecided! We are very excited to meet all of you in September :)

The group name is Western MPT 2015-2017 (Master of Physical Therapy)

Wow, already 51 members. Probably bad news for people waitlisted at Western for PT.

Below is my update from previous post in early February:

Applied: UBC, UofA, UofM, Western, UofT, McMaster, Queen's, McGill, Dalhousie (All OT)
Accepted: UofM, UofA

Interview: UBC, UofM, McGill (Declined Interview), McMaster (Declined Interview)
Waitlisted: UBC (#4), Dalhousie
Rejected: Western, UofT, Queen's
GPA: sGPA 3.81 (Alberta), cGPA & sGPA for ORPAS 3.94, 87% (British Columbia)
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: I worked extremely hard on all the essays and questions required.... I had about 20 rough copies because I was so picky on every little detail and trying to ensure it was my very best. Very strong references from my professor of the last two years, and instructor of the last two years, plus reference from my work in regards to my hours. I have over 300+ hours of work experience in disability,three years as child and youth care worker, plus 50+ hours for Occupational Therapy Assistant and job shadowing at an elderly care centre. 

I'm a little shocked I was rejected everywhere in Ontario .... I'm wondering what was wrong with my application as my GPA by ORPAS is extremely high and thought my experiences were pretty good. Hmmm... anyone else experience this?

But overall I'm extremely thankful to have gotten in somewhere, as in the end our goal is to be an OT or PT :D 

Congratulations to everyone who got in to the universities and also for those on the wait list too or those who didn't make it, don't give up if this is your dream - there is always a light ahead!!!

This forum was amazing and I appreciate all the support everyone provided :)

Keep on smiling and heads up everyone!

I look forward to seeing how the wait lists move and good luck!

Archived