Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applied: Western, Queen's, Mac, Alberta

Accepted: Queen's, Western

Waitlist:

Rejected: Mac, Alberta (received an interview but declined it)

GPA: cum: 3.14 sub: 3.85

References were very good (professor I did research with, a physiotherapist and my varsity coach), lots of volunteer (apprx. 100 hours PT related, but mostly non-PT related). Essays I thought were good, must've been since I was accepted at Queen's and Western.  Mac interview wasn't the best, rejected was expected!

All the best everyone!

Applied: Western, Queen's, Mac, Alberta

Accepted: Queen's, Western

Waitlist:

Rejected: Mac, Alberta (received an interview but declined it)

GPA: cum: 3.14 sub: 3.85

References were very good (professor I did research with, a physiotherapist and my varsity coach), lots of volunteer (apprx. 100 hours PT related, but mostly non-PT related). Essays I thought were good, must've been since I was accepted at Queen's and Western.  Mac interview wasn't the best, rejected was expected!

All the best everyone!

Congrats! Just wondering whether you've decided which offer you're going to accept? (I'm on the waitlists)

Can someone provide insights into the MMI with PT program? Or websites as guidelines and how to practice? I am still waiting to hear from Mcgill. And if i don't get in this time i'd want to prepare for next year. Congrats to those who got in!

Congrats! Just wondering whether you've decided which offer you're going to accept? (I'm on the waitlists)

Thank you! I think I will accept Queen's, I did my undergrad at Western and I am feeling like a change. Good luck! 

I know this is totally after the fact, but figured id join in on the conversation!

Applied: Dalhousie, McGill, UofA (all PT)

Accepted: 
Waitlisted: Dalhousie 
Rejected: UofA

GPA: 3.7, sGPA = 3.76 (Dal)... Didn't apply to UofT as they calculated 3.62 :( 

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: 

I fell my essay and references were well done. I also have a fair amount of experience as I have been working in a physiotherapy clinic for a year and a half and before that I worked as a kinesiologist for a year at a gym. 

I initially thought my interview for Dal went well but now that I have been placed on the waitlist I have second guessed how I actually did. 

I thought the interview for McGill was challenging at times but I felt it went well. Having said that I thought Dal went well so you never know. Still waiting to hear back from McGill. 

Applied: Western, Queens, Mac, U of T all OT

Accepted: Western, U of T, Queens

Waitlisted: Mac (#3)

Rejected:

GPA: sub - 3.78 cum - 3.56

I thought my Mac interview was really well. But I got waitlisted so maybe not. My essays were decent I have experiences at a rehab hospital, special Olympics, teaching rehab aquafitness classes and working with children affected by cancer. I didn't see my references so I'm not sure. One was from a prof who I was very close with and the other was a boss who ran the oncology program I am a part of.

Congratulations on your acceptances into all three schools. I am not sure if you already posted this but what school have you chosen to go to? 

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum and I just had a question to ask you guys regarding OT admissions. I found out today that I am number 8 on the wait list at University of Manitoba and I honestly feel so devastated. I was just wondering if there's a chance for me yet to get in for this September with being number 8 on the alternate list. I know there's no way of truly knowing, but do you guys think there's a chance or seen it happen in past years? See the problem is that the email they sent me today said they only have 2 more spots to fill their class of 50 students. This obviously makes me think that I have zero chance now but I wonder if anyone maybe accepted their position at u of m for now to secure a spot but only because they're still waiting to hear back from a more desired school? Or have you heard of anyone just backing out and come say, August they need to contact people on the wait list? Any help would be so extremely appreciated. Just feeling so defeated right now so any glimmer of hope would help.

Thank you! I have chosen and have decided on UofT. Are you on waitlists/deciding where to go?

That's great! Congrats again! I am on the wait list for Queen's so I am waiting to hear back from them. I am not sure how many people they gave offers to or how many people are on the wait list though so hopefully I will figure out soon :) 

I know this is totally after the fact, but figured id join in on the conversation!

Applied: Dalhousie, McGill, UofA (all PT)Accepted: Waitlisted: Dalhousie Rejected: UofA

GPA: 3.7, sGPA = 3.76 (Dal)... Didn't apply to UofT as they calculated 3.62 :( 

I fell my essay and references were well done. I also have a fair amount of experience as I have been working in a physiotherapy clinic for a year and a half and before that I worked as a kinesiologist for a year at a gym. 

I initially thought my interview for Dal went well but now that I have been placed on the waitlist I have second guessed how I actually did. 

I thought the interview for McGill was challenging at times but I felt it went well. Having said that I thought Dal went well so you never know. Still waiting to hear back from McGill. 

Have you heard anything from Dal since being waitlisted? I was too and I haven't heard much since

Anyone have any idea how much movement occurs at Western for PT? My name has been placed on the first third of 185 applicants. Western's my only shot, so I'm really nervous about the next couple weeks. Thanks!

When you say 185 applicants, did the email say that there are 185 people on the waitlist for PT?

Archived