Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

Hello, for anyone accepted off the Dal waitlist how long did it take to get the offer from faculty of graduate studies after the letter from OT saying you were recommended? Do you get an email or just actual mail? I got the email telling me I was recommended today and that graduate studies will make the final decision.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, for anyone accepted off the Dal waitlist how long did it take to get the offer from faculty of graduate studies after the letter from OT saying you were recommended? Do you get an email or just actual mail? I got the email telling me I was recommended today and that graduate studies will make the final decision.

I got one for PT. It takes about a week for the FGS to email you. From that point, they will recommend you to the Registrar for confirmation and you will be mailed a package. It takes about two-three weeks tops for the whole process.

Hopes that helps and hopefully I run into you this Fall :)

Just wondering how often it's okay to email about the wait list for physio? on the 15th I found out i was in the top 3, and it'll be 2 weeks this monday. Is it okay to email them again? Obviously i don't want them to get annoyed, but I'm really curious if it has moved in 2 weeks.

Just wondering how often it's okay to email about the wait list for physio? on the 15th I found out i was in the top 3, and it'll be 2 weeks this monday. Is it okay to email them again? Obviously i don't want them to get annoyed, but I'm really curious if it has moved in 2 weeks.

I'm assuming this is about Queen's? 

I got an email on the 28th saying the class is now full. Doesn't mean you don't have a shot. There's no enrolment deposit for Queen's so if people decide to bail in the next few months, you'll get a call. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Applied: UBC, UofA, Western, Toronto, McMaster, Queens (all OT) 

Accepted: UofA

Rejected:

Wait Listed: UBC

GPA: 3.7 

Strengths: Very strong essays/personal statements. I have extensive course work, volunteer work and research in Occupational Therapy, so I'm sure that was a large contributing factor. My references are also very strong: an OT and a professor that I did OT research, who also used to be an OT professor at Western. I will be accepting UofA, so the UBC waitlist will be getting shorter:) 

What number were you on the UBC waitlist?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Applied: UofT, Mcmaster, Queens, Western (all OT)

Accepted: Queens (off the waitlist- got accepted on June 3rd)

Waitlisted: 

Rejected: McMaster, UofT, Western

GPA: (cum and sub): cGPA: 3.29; sGPA: 3.54

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

-Research experience at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) (10 months working, and currently volunteering):

-Research experience at St. Michael's Hospital in the Orthopaedic Trauma Department (4 months working):

-Essays were okay, don't really know what they were expecting 

-References are strong as one is from my CAMH supervisor and another from a health studies professor 

Good luck everyone!  :)

Hey, I'm applying this year for PT at queens. My application is very similar to yours. I have exactly the same gpa but i have good experience. Both clinical and research. I'm just so nervous. :( is there a way I can private message you and ask for more details?

Archived