Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I've heard in the past they interview around 35-36 OOPs and accept around 6-7 (without waitlist movement) but 10-11 with waitlist movement sounds about right.

I'm assuming the MMIs SHOULD be different. MMIs for med school tend to be tailored to medical situations for some stations (If you were a physician in situation X, what would you do) which is very different from situations a dentist would encounter. I'm assuming there could be overlap in the stations though.

However... they are held on the same day (and in the same building) so who really knows... if someone has an answer for this I'd love to know as well.

Does anyone know how many in province applicants are invited for interviews?

Last year there were about 35 - 37 IP during the interview session. I don't know if they're gonna change that number this year. I'd definitely like to know. :)

We wouldn't be put into the same groups as med applicants would we?? I know there's interviews for both happening at the same time...

Yes, we will be put into the same groups as med apllicants because there are those who applied to and were invited by both faculties and these candidates will be doing the interview only once with the results being sent separately to each program.

Yes, we will be put into the same groups as med apllicants because there are those who applied to and were invited by both faculties and these candidates will be doing the interview only once with the results being sent separately to each program.

Then would it be safe to assume that there would not be any highly specific medicine-related questions in any of the stations? i.e.: "Why do you want to be a physician?"...

Then would it be safe to assume that there would not be any highly specific medicine-related questions in any of the stations? i.e.: "Why do you want to be a physician?"...

My best guess is there won't be such questions.

The non-cognitive and humanistic skills will be evaluated and since these skills required of dentists are the same as those requited of physicians I believe they wouldn't ask a DMD candidate (or a candidate for both programs) why he/she wants to be a physician.

The non-cognitive and humanistic skills will be evaluated and since these skills required of dentists are the same as those requited of physicians I believe they wouldn't ask a DMD candidate (or a candidate for both programs) why he/she wants to be a physician.

Thanks!

What about questions that are related to the health care system? Would that be considered fair game for DMD applicants also?

What about questions that are related to the health care system? Would that be considered fair game for DMD applicants also?

Dentistry is a part of the healthcare system so I don't see why not. My understanding is that as long as you are a healthcare professional you should be familiar with current health issues. Having said that, it wouldn't be a major factor in their assessment. 

Archived