Mcmaster Interview/ Regrets 2015

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Timestamp and Format: 3:25 pm
Invite/Rejection: Invite 
cGPA: 3.99
VR Score: 9
How you felt CASPER went: I felt like i wrote it well but didn't actually know if it was comprehensible because it was being written hastily 
Geography : IP/OP?: IP 
Current year: [uG (what year), Masters, PhD]: UG4 

Timestamp and Format: 4:50PM
Invite/Rejection: Reject
cGPA: 3.94 (OMSAS)
VR Score: 10
How you felt CASPER went: Thought it went great! It's so tough to tell though!
Geography : IP/OP? IP
Current year: M. Sc. (First Year) 

Good luck to all who got an invite! Best of luck! For those who didn't, keep on going strong!

Time stamp: Jan 21, 9:10 PM

Gpa: 3.94

MCAT verbal: 10

Casper: it felt good overall, but obviously not good enough

Geography: oop

Current year: 4th year undergrad

A little depressed tbh. Probably my verbal score that cut me down. I know two people personally who are oop and got an invite so congrats to all that did!

Timestamp and Format: 4:24PM
Invite/Rejection: Reject
cGPA:3.96
VR Score: 9
How you felt CASPER went: Thought it went well

Geography : IP
Current year: Non traditional candidate. 2 undergrads and 2 Masters

Disappointed but still hopeful. Congratulations to all who got an invite.

Timestamp: 3:25pm EST

Invite/Rejection: INVITE!!

cGPA: 3.68

VR Score: 11

How you felt CASPER went: It was the first time after 3 applications that I actually finished it. I thought it went alright. Turns out it went even better than I thought!

Geography : IP

Current year: Graduated BSc Honours

This is hope to those with borderline stats. It's an expensive lottery ticket, but it pays off sometimes!

Timestamp: 3:22PM
Invite/Rejection: Invite
cGPA: 3.97
VR Score: 13
How you felt CASPER went: it was fun! Somehow skipped one whole scenario but it was resolved by tech support.Other than that, felt good.
Geography: IP
Current year: "4th" year UG- switched programs so it's 5th

Time stamp: January 24 
GPA: 3.96 *i think*
MCAT verbal: 10 
Casper: Thought I did crap. Just in case anyone was brooding over this MANY of my questions got cut off in the middle of a sentence because of the time constraint. There were a few where I didn't even get to bring a thought to completion *truncated idea is much worse than a supporting sentence*. Maybe they cut you some slack when they know where you're going with an answer but you clearly got cut off? 
Current year: 4th

What just happened

Timestamp and Format: 3:22 PM EST

Invite/Rejection: Invite!
cGPA: 3.98
VR Score: 11
How you felt CASPER went: Didn't practice the timing so a few questions were lackluster. The ones I answered I had no idea if I was thorough enough. I felt like I did pretty average :)
Current year: [uG (what year), Masters, PhD] UG 3rd year, 4th year of school due to co-op

Timestamp and Format: 3:25 pm EST
Invite/Rejection: Invite :D
cGPA: 3.80

How you felt CASPER went: I felt it went great, but it was my first time writing it. 
Current year: 3rd year student

I only applied to McMaster this year, so I am ecstatic. 

Timestamp and Format: Email at 16:32
I was studying in the hospital (fitting, I know) and reading another email on my phone when "McMaster MD Admission" popped up at the top... really caught me off guard. Then I read the email, said YES, fist pumped the air, got weird looks, and went home.

Invite/Rejection: Invite 
cGPA: 3.96
VR Score: 10
How you felt CASPER went: Actually really bad.... felt like a dumb%$@ (don't know if we're allowed to swear lol) on one question where I didn't understand what was happening (had to give my opinion on something I didn't know existed), misread two questions so I was answering something else, and for one question I sounded crazy because I started quoting myself.... 

So don't always let your initial judgement of your performance bring you down! 
Geography : IP/OP? IP 
Current year: [uG (what year), Masters, PhD] Third year undergrad (did 1 year in France, then finishing third year in ON)

Timestamp and Format: 3:25 pm EST email
Invite/Rejection: Regrets
cGPA: 3.85
How you felt CASPER went: Felt alright afterwards, but I started second guessing some of my answers. I responsed to all the questions in full, but my last sentence on a few may have been cut short
Geography : IP/OP?   IP
Current year: 4th year undergrad

My ECs are a big part of my application, so I had little hope that my stats and CASPER would be competitve. Good luck to those invited for interviews !

Archived