Mcmaster Interview/ Regrets 2015

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Timestamp and Format: 4:08 
Invite/Rejection:Rejection
cGPA: 3.27
VR Score: 14
How you felt CASPER went: I was confident, but also felt it didn't go as well as last year
Geography : IP/OP? IP
Current year: [uG (what year), Masters, PhD], BSc, MSc

Timestamp and Format: Afternoon - email

Invite/Rejection: Invite

cGPA: 3.83ish

VR Score: 11

How you felt CASPER went: Kept obsessing about all the things I wished I had said, but I guess I said enough right.

Geography : IP

Current year: Graduated B. Music 1999

Last year didn't get a single interview, so I'm pretty excited just to get the invite regardless of what happens from here.

GPA: 3.92

MCAT VR: 11

CASPer: Finished, I did some prep beforehand which helped in the sense that I knew what was coming sort of, but the time went by so fast and under the pressure I just wrote what I thought, was very honest with my opinions sometimes you could even see my opinionated self coming through which I worried about. I didn't leave anything blank and was able to put at least 2 sentences in each question.

Geography: IP 

Current year: 3rd year (however I am in the final year of my degree)

cGPA: 3.84 (undergrad)
MCAT verbal: 11
CASPER: I always feel terrible about Casper (it's so hard for scatter-brained me to express myself in such a short amount of time), but this is the second time Mac has invited me, so I think I must be doing something right ;)
Current year: Masters (final year)

cGPA: 3.84
MCAT verbal: 13
CASPER: Lots of ups and downs... Roller coaster of emotions and panicked, frantic typing to get the mess of thoughts out of my head onto the screen. Last question (about words that hurt someone) got a little personal for me as well.
Geography: OOP  (BC)
Current year: 3rd Year Undergrad (Plan on doing 1 year of co-op should the interview not pan out)

Good luck to all interviewees I'll see yall on the other side hopefully :D

cGPA: 3.79
MCAT verbal: 11
CASPER: Only applied to two schools, spent a lot of time preparing for CASPER. Felt it went worse than it should have (I was comfortable with all of the scenarios) because of test day nerves...but apparently good enough! 
Geography: In Province 
Current year: Graduated

Can't believe I can finally post one of these. Been around here for quite some time, first time applying. 

Invite/Rejection: Invite
cGPA: 3.88
How you felt CASPER went: Thought it went well, practiced and prepared a lot for it (but felt that way even when I wrote it before and did not get an interview)
Geography : IP/OP? IP
Current year: [uG (what year), Masters, PhD] UG 4

Stoked and ecstatic! Feel so blessed to have this opportunity  :D 

Invite/Rejection: Invite!!
cGPA: 3.77
How you felt CASPER went: Felt good, I went through quite the experience when I realized at 1pm Pacific time that Ontario is AHEAD...I looked at a time zone chart before, read it backwards and so thought my CaSPER writing was at 1pm when it was actually at 7am tat day! Called tech, frantic, but they got me into the LAST test slot of the day, thank god! Afterward, I felt like I did well and had a good thought process going throughout. Apparently it wasn't terrible :)
Geography : IP/OP? OP
Current year: UG 4

Super grateful that they're considering me, since I really wasn't expecting to get any invites this year! Awesome, awesome news that was quite the surprise. Congrats to everyone who got an interview, and peeps who didn't- you're all rockstars, try try again but have fun in the process :)

Invite/Rejection: Reject

cGPA: 3.97

VR: 10

Casper: I either didn't answer the questions at all, or replied with either a sentence or half a sentence, was in a very poor state of mind while doing it and did not prepare at all.

Current year: 3rd year UG

Archived