Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2015

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. Hopefully it is also rolling rejections this year.

Yeah there isn't really a recognizable pattern. However, I remember that a bulk of the rejections were sent right at the end in March, which was really painful for those rejected from everywhere else and who were banking on Toronto.

UofT's Facebook update:

"Congratulations to the applicants who got interview invitations for the February weekend today! This will be an ongoing process over the next week. Most of the February invitations will go to local applicants, so don't give up! And remember to check your spam folders."

Can you link me the facebook page??

Does 3.99-4.0 mean above 90% GPA if in percentage?

almost certainly but technically no - you could still have a 3.99 and have just below a 90% average if you have a single say 85 and everything else right at 90% etc.

Of course for TO we are dealing likely with wGPA anyway so everything is skewed.

Congrats to everyone with invites so far! All the interview dates are nicely spaced away from our exams so I hope to meet all of you this year.

Last year most rejections were released near the end of the cycle with a few extra invites coming out after for an added interview date. I don't know how it will go this year though, and personally I wouldn't count on any extra dates being necessarily added.

UofT's Facebook update:

"Congratulations to the applicants who got interview invitations for the February weekend today! This will be an ongoing process over the next week. Most of the February invitations will go to local applicants, so don't give up! And remember to check your spam folders."

Not trying to be pessimistic, but  if you are in the local area and you didn't receive an invite yet....does that mean you're likely rejected?  I don't know if it's just me that is over analyzing/misinterpreting the FB message?

Not trying to be pessimistic, but  if you are in the local area and you didn't receive an invite yet....does that mean you're likely rejected?  I don't know if it's just me that is over analyzing/misinterpreting the FB message?

It's not over unless you have the rejection email in your inbox

A majority of UofT applicants are probably from the GTA/definitely from Ontario so I wouldn't be too worried 

While I am usually one of the more pessimistic people around here, I want to clear something up. The point behind their saying that Feb dates will be mostly for local applicants is because they want to give non-local applicants more time to arrange for travel accommodations to Toronto for interviews, hence "mostly local" for Feb. (I read this info somewhere on the U of T site)

They are not saying that "most" local applicants will be interviewed in Feb, which would mean that locals that did not receive an interview invite yet might be in bad shape. Careful reading and analysis is important here :P so don't panic............ yet 

While I am usually one of the more pessimistic people around here, I want to clear something up. The point behind their saying that Feb dates will be mostly for local applicants is because they want to give non-local applicants more time to arrange for travel accommodations to Toronto for interviews, hence "mostly local" for Feb. (I read this info somewhere on the U of T site)

They are not saying that "most" local applicants will be interviewed in Feb, which would mean that locals that did not receive an interview invite yet might be in bad shape. Careful reading and analysis is important here :P so don't panic............ yet 

^ Exactly :)

I'm assuming they mean in-province applicants

In-province applicants? Or applicants currently studying in Ontario? The latter would make more sense in terms of letting those who know travel plans better a good notice.

Also, bad news for those applying for MD/PhD. Called the office. Apparently all initial invites to the program have been sent out. Invites will only be sent out if now if applicants refuse their initial interview offer.

I always knew this process would be stressful but actually experiencing this is torture lol. 

In-province applicants? Or applicants currently studying in Ontario? The latter would make more sense in terms of letting those who know travel plans better a good notice.

Also, bad news for those applying for MD/PhD. Called the office. Apparently all initial invites to the program have been sent out. Invites will only be sent out if now if applicants refuse their initial interview offer.

I always knew this process would be stressful but actually experiencing this is torture lol. 

Ah yes, to clarify I would mean people in the area currently

Archived