Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2015

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year, some invites were even sent on a Saturday late at night so I wouldn't be surprised if they sent some after 5pm today. Last year, I was part of the last batch of rejections in mid March and that was brutal. I can only imagine how it must feel being in April and waiting to hear from them. Just hold on everyone! The wait will surely be over soon.

If they fell behind schedule that means they are still evaluating, and if that's the case, that's absolutely ridiculous

Honestly I think it's really good that they're taking their time. Obviously waiting sucks, and believe me I've been there and done that, but it's much better for them to have multiple checks and balances in their overall process.

I don't think they fell behind with the evaluation because they said they would send invites today. I feel that if they didn't have them ready, they wouldn't have sounded so confident in their post. I don't really know how it works...but maybe it takes more time than we think to sort emails and send it to the applicants.

They have had the applications since Oct 1st. I dont know the evaluation process, but I cant imagine they are still looking at applications now. That would mean they are the most unorganized and inefficient group in existence. 

They have not had the applications since Oct. 1st. It takes a longggg time for OMSAS to put together all the reference letters, MCAT, and transcripts to send them to the individual schools. So you're looking at around December when they actually get the applications.

Well you have to remember that the doctors and people who are marking a) get the applications late sometimes B) have other duties to do other than just reading applications c) aren't paid to do this. Other schools cut a lot of applicants out due to higher MCAT, and some schools don't even look at your ECs or reference letters. It's no wonder Toronto might need longer than other schools if you think about it.

Well you have to remember that the doctors and people who are marking a) get the applications late sometimes B) have other duties to do other than just reading applications c) aren't paid to do this. Other schools cut a lot of applicants out due to higher MCAT, and some schools don't even look at your ECs or reference letters. It's no wonder Toronto might need longer than other schools if you think about it.

Completely agree with this. I really appreciate that they use our essays and ABS to really look at us each as individuals. The waiting REALLY sucks though. But I mean we've waited this long, what's another weekend right...

Haven't done panel, only MMI and MPI.

For the MPI, it's a little more on-the-spot than MMI, since you don't get a chance to think about your answers before walking into the room. However, I'd say that each room kind of has a "theme" to it like an MMI.

One thing is that for one of my stations, I didn't realise that the interviewer had more questions for me, so it was a little awkward because they had to cut me off during my first answer to continue down their list. 

Archived