Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2015

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I really thought they were going to send out some interviews today...

Yeah it doesn't feel like they are done sending invites for the first weekend. But on their new post they said that they could send invites even during the week leading up to the interview... Who knows.

Yeah it doesn't feel like they are done sending invites for the first weekend. But on their new post they said that they could send invites even during the week leading up to the interview... Who knows.

Yeah, their Facebook post last week seemed to say that they would continue sending out invites for the Feb 21/22 weekend this week. I wonder what happened?

I'm personally not expecting a UofT invite this year so I haven't really kept up to date with their process, however I noticed their twitter feed say that invites for the February weekend would be "ongoing over the next week" since they first sent them last, last Thursday. I don't think there have been "mass" invites since, and there really aren't many responses on the invite thread compared to historical standards so I don't suspect they're done sending them either. But it is getting a little close to that weekend so I'm wondering if there's a delay or something..

Or maybe they are done inviting most of the candidates for this weekend and there just isn't much premed101 activity for whatever reason 

Haha no way.. that's amazing.  How do you know?

I don't, haha. I was joking.

The blog post completely answers all of the theorycrafting that was going on in here. So unless people have been phoning them up to ask them about these theories, which is possible, then they probably looked at the thread. It has happened in the past. A few schools read premed101.

Do you know if they had any red flags?  I got regrets today too and I find it strange because I didn't receive regrets last year until the mass mailing in late March, and I think my application is better this year.

My friend received a rejection today as well. One of his referees sent in the reference letter really late :o:(

I am also wondering if only those with red flags got rejected today. Does anyone know?

Each school has its own policy regarding reference letter dates. Directly from this year's application guide, U of T states:

"OMSAS must receive reference

letters by November 1, 2014, for consideration in

our assessment. This is a strict deadline. Failure

to comply with any admission requirements and

deadlines will result in your application being

cancelled."

So if your friend's reference got there post Nov 1st, it could be the reason, though I'd hope they would mention the application being cancelled instead of sending regrets.

Archived