Premed 101 Forums

Calgary Interview Discussion 2015

Is anyone who booked for the 28 willing to switch with me? I know this is a ridiculous request but I have an interview on both the 21st and 22nd in Ontario. Please PM if anyone is willing to do so. Thank you so much!

Have you (and others in similar situations) contacted the school? They may be able to help.

Will anyone be in Calgary a few days early (26th/27th) around Holiday Inn Express that want to meet up and practice/soothe each other's nerves? A little nervous about travelling by myself (terrified out of my mind of flying). Or we can just get dinner together and have a buddy to find our way around if we're both OOP? On that note, if anyone's flying out of Toronto on the 26th, maybe we're on the same flight!

Have you (and others in similar situations) contacted the school? They may be able to help.

I called the school and the only way is for us to have someone who is interviewing the 28 to switch with us. They were clear that they have no other means of accommodating for anyone.

Hey guys, for those who want to prep hard for your Calgary mmi interview, check out [redacted] dot com. There is a full 8.5 hour online MMI prep session coming up on Feb 15. We have already trained a number of premed students over the past 3 years with great success. Please note that the full day online course on Feb 15 isn't listed on the website at the present time...but if you inquire I can give you more details. Best of luck in prep for your interviews!

I'm not sure this is an appropriate venue for a plug, especially considering Dr. Ian Walker (Cumming director of admissions) has publicly criticized for-profit MMI prep courses on multiple occasions, and [redacted] in particular. Examples:

Edit: $750 for a group Skype session?!? You can't be serious.

Edit 2: Post is removed and it looks like I got this guy banned XD.

Edit 3: Removed references to the specific prep agency so I'm not inadvertently advertising them.

I'm not sure this is an appropriate venue for a plug, especially considering Dr. Ian Walker (Cumming director of admissions) has publicly criticized for-profit MMI prep courses on multiple occasions, and Mac Admissions in particular. Examples:

Especially since the course he is disturbed by is the one being plugged, haha. 

Hi there! I'm looking to book Hotel Alma for the second weekend (Feb 27/28), but I couldn't find the pdf that contained the med group rate discount code online anymore. Would anyone be kind enough to share that code, or provide me with the pdf flyer again? I've emailed the school but I'm afraid that they won't be answering emails on the weekend and the hotel fills up before they have a chance to get back to me!

Many thanks!

Hi there! I'm looking to book Hotel Alma for the second weekend (Feb 27/28), but I couldn't find the pdf that contained the med group rate discount code online anymore. Would anyone be kind enough to share that code, or provide me with the pdf flyer again? I've emailed the school but I'm afraid that they won't be answering emails on the weekend and the hotel fills up before they have a chance to get back to me!

Many thanks!

PM'd

Hi everyone. Congrats on getting interviews!
I will be interviewing in Toronto Feb 21-22 and was not able to get an interview spot for Calgary on Feb 28.

Would anyone be willing to swap interview dates so I can interview on Feb 28???

It would mean the world!

Thank you in advance.

Hey all! Congratulations to those who made it to interviews!

I am in the same situation as IH.Med with a conflict between Toronto and Calgary. The university cannot do anything about it and I need help.

If you are willing to swap interview dates so I can interview on Feb 28, I would be so grateful!!! PLEASE let me know. Thank you!

Hello all,

this might have been discussed before but why don't we know our score before the interview!? I would like to know if I am sitting on the lower end or not. It's kind of making me nervous. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I get how you feel, but all you need to know is that if you got an interview, you have a very decent chance of getting in. Therefore, you should put in your best performance regardless. I'm sure they don't want people feeling like they are guaranteed or feeling defeated before they even interview.

Besides, unless you're on the top end, you probably don't really want to know, it won't help you be optimistic.

For those of you who have Toronto interviews Feb 21-22, you could potentially email Toronto admissions and get a later date. I was in the same boat and they were willing to switch me to Mar. 7th. However, I'm not sure if it's too late to do that because I emailed Toronto last week before Calgary interviews were even out.