Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Interview Discussion 2015

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Congrats to everyone who received invites! My interview date for Ottawa is the exact same as for McMaster. Do you think this warrants a phone call? Or would an email replying to the interview invite be sufficient? Do conflicting interviews with other Ontario medical schools qualify as "exceptional circumstances?"

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Congrats to everyone who received invites! My interview date for Ottawa is the exact same as for McMaster. Do you think this warrants a phone call? Or would an email replying to the interview invite be sufficient? Do conflicting interviews with other Ontario medical schools qualify as "exceptional circumstances?"

Thanks!

That happened to me last year. I e-mailed uOttawa and they changed my date for me. :) Hope that helps! 

For those who received invites, did you use activities that you completed during your graduate studies as your Top 3?  They say "only during your postsecondary (undergraduate) studies" on their website, and they say "only your undergraduate studies" when you call and email them, yet I feel like (from the few invites that have already been posted) they DID look at activities completed after undergrad to determine who receives an interview.

Does Ottawa usually send them out in groups? I haven't received an email but everyone on the other forum who posted was an invite. Possible that rejections are later?

Last year it seemed like they sent out all the invites within a couple minutes of each other, and then all the rejections like half an hour later

Hey guys,

Thanks!

Definitely warrants a phone call. Might be hard to get through to them right now though

I know someone who got an invite, and I'm hoping I got one too, but from what someone said earlier, I'm not holding my breath anymore. My gPa is good,and my ECs are similar to the person invited, so I can hope, but I doubt it sincerely.

Same. It's been around 40 minutes since they started sending invite so my hope is dwindling quickly. But there are usually a LOT more posts by this long after. I think the emails are slow going out for some reason.

Same. It's been around 40 minutes since they started sending invite so my hope is dwindling quickly. But there are usually a LOT more posts by this long after. I think the emails are slow going out for some reason.

When i just checked there were 218 people viewing the Uottawa forum and 7 posta with interview decisions, so I definitely think only a portion have gone out.  I don't even know why I'm here, I didn't apply to this school, lol.

Did anyone who get their invite email have half of it weirdly cut off...i know it makes no sense but I don't know what happened with it 

Yes, my email was cut off on the left side. But I know it is an interview invite at least.

Everyone might know this, but check your JUNK FOLDER. My email was in there.

Those who received invites: is the time stamp the same as when you received it? Sometimes there can be a delay due to overloaded mail servers so something may be time stamped as sent at a particular time, but you receive it a bit later. For instance, I have an email in my inbox right now time stamped as 11:38 which I received at 11:52 according to my phone.

Archived