Premed 101 Forums

Mmi At Mcgill

Purple13

Do you guys know the format of the station? is it a "two minute reading the prompt" followed by "8 minute discussion?" or does this vary from station to station? 

This is posted on the RSVP page:

"Each station is 10 minutes long, with the first two minutes allotted to reading instructions and preparing yourself for the station; the remaining eight minutes are devoted to the actual interview-station. "

I hope that clarifies things! :)

But, I think it would be nice to know if we get to access the prompts once we enter the rooms (again, assuming this doesn't breach any non-disclosure clauses). 

Hello all,

I have a general question regarding MMIs: Is it recommended/good/bad to summarize the prompt we get once we enter the room and say that we're doing it to ensure that we understood it correctly, or should we just go straight into our answer/discussion/etc. once we've introduced ourselves?

Thanks!

Going on my previous question above, with regards to acting stations, do we get a chance to walk in and introduce ourselves or do we just enter and start interacting with the actors? Also, at the end of an acting station, do we get a chance to thank everyone involved or should we just thank the "interviewer"?

Thanks!

I am also interested in learning more about the format of McGill's MMIs.

Specifically:

1. Do the questions posted outside the rooms identify at the top whether they are going to role-play, writing, or just discussion? I wonder because I too am unsure whether I should go into the room and begin acting or should greet the interviewers first?

2. Regarding role-play/situational questions, are we expected to stick to the prompt we read? Or is it ok/good/bad to add in some details of our own that we make up? 

Thanks for any help!

I am also interested in learning more about the format of McGill's MMIs.

Specifically:

1. Do the questions posted outside the rooms identify at the top whether they are going to role-play, writing, or just discussion? I wonder because I too am unsure whether I should go into the room and begin acting or should greet the interviewers first?

2. Regarding role-play/situational questions, are we expected to stick to the prompt we read? Or is it ok/good/bad to add in some details of our own that we make up? 

Thanks for any help!

Going on my previous question above, with regards to acting stations, do we get a chance to walk in and introduce ourselves or do we just enter and start interacting with the actors? Also, at the end of an acting station, do we get a chance to thank everyone involved or should we just thank the "interviewer"?

Thanks!

You just go in and act!

At least that's what I did at my Udem interview last year! And the prompts are clear regarding whether it's acting/discussion/tradition Qs

Archived