Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CoolBeans

Extra 'point' For Masters

So having a Masters gives you an extra point on your application. Is it one percentage point? Or is it a point on the overall score (like out of 8/10 +1 gives you 9/10)? Curious how they score this. I thought it was  1 percentage point but they don't truly specify. 

What if you withdrew from your masters program a few months in? would that result in eliminating a point or having no impact (point wise) to your application?

I believe that you actually have to show that you've finished (or prove that you will be done by a certain date) it before they will give you a point. 

I believe that you actually have to show that you've finished (or prove that you will be done by a certain date) it before they will give you a point. 

But what if you withdrew from your masters after two months of being in the program without any courses taken yet - I know you can't get a point for that but would that reflect badly on your application OR result in a point reduced?

But what if you withdrew from your masters after two months of being in the program without any courses taken yet - I know you can't get a point for that but would that reflect badly on your application OR result in a point reduced?

Oh I see what you're saying. I can't see any reason why it would affect you negatively. They wouldn't deduct any points.