Premed 101 Forums

2015 Dalhousie Pt Applicants

Hello everyone!

Didn't see any Dalhousie posts so I'll start one! Not sure if many people apply to Dal but I certainly did =D

I'm still waiting for the confirmation email which is supposed to tell you if your application package is complete...anybody got those?

And..good luck people!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Lucky you! I know I shouldn't worry too much but can't help it xD

Hi, I don't know if this helps or not, but I haven't received a confirmation either, but while I sent things in I would periodically e-mail the school of Occupational Therapy and they would tell me what had arrived and what was still missing. All of my documents had apparently made it, last I had heard, but I still haven't gotten an e-mail. 

What I mean to say is, don't worry too much about it! In all likelihood they have received everything and are just taking their time sorting through it.

Hi, I don't know if this helps or not, but I haven't received a confirmation either, but while I sent things in I would periodically e-mail the school of Occupational Therapy and they would tell me what had arrived and what was still missing. All of my documents had apparently made it, last I had heard, but I still haven't gotten an e-mail. 

What I mean to say is, don't worry too much about it! In all likelihood they have received everything and are just taking their time sorting through it.

Thanks! that actually helps a lot~

Dal OT has a very different GPA depending on provinces of applicants. If you are from NS,NFLD, PEI or NB there are seats allocated for these provinces, and then all out of province (OOP) applicants as well as the remaining Atlantics are considered for the remaining spots. GPA isn't the only thing considered, but the GPA for OOP applicants is usually 3.5+ over the last few years, with it being closer to 3.65 (i believe) this year.

Hi Guys,

I have applied to OT at Dal as well. I have just received an email from OT congratulating me in enrolling in a disability management course. I am unsure of what this means (if anything) but I haven't even registered for a course.

Just wondering if anyone else has gotten an email like this lately and what it means?

Hi NSOT16, 

Could you please tell me when you received your notice of acceptance? I just wanted to know when it expect my acceptance/rejection letter. 

Thanks!

IC

The first round goes out early May, with another at the end of the month and then they accept right the way through the summer. They appear to try and half fill the class before the Ontario date, then the rest a few weeks afterwards. One person in our class got accepted the friday before classes started! Keep working hard since Dal will look at all your marks right the way through this semester as well.

Has anyone still not gotten their confirmation e-mail yet? Wondering if I should call the school to see if something got lost or something..

I haven't gotten mine..I emailed them a week ago and they said they process the files by last name alphabetical order, and they were on "L"

Archived