Premed 101 Forums

2015 Dalhousie Pt Applicants

I just got my confirmation email, and yeah I'm waiting for the interview email as well~

You got the confirmation today? I had mentioned above that through an e-mail conversation I had already confirmed that they received my documents, but I still haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail. What makes me most nervous is that on the application site, it still claims that all the documents I had mailed in never made it. 

Is anyone else having this issue? 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got the confirmation today? I had mentioned above that through an e-mail conversation I had already confirmed that they received my documents, but I still haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail. What makes me most nervous is that on the application site, it still claims that all the documents I had mailed in never made it. 

Is anyone else having this issue? 

you applied to OT right? Maybe they just process things at a different rate from PT...I'd say email them and ask which last name alphabet they are working on, but don't worry though! They only update the document status after the confirmation email is sent

you applied to OT right? Maybe they just process things at a different rate from PT...I'd say email them and ask which last name alphabet they are working on, but don't worry though! They only update the document status after the confirmation email is sent

Oh good! I sent them a quick e-mail just now out of paranoia. I'm always afraid I'm going to annoy someone (I'd imagine they get quite a few paranoid e-mails). Thank you for the info!! 

Good luck with your application!

Im a current OT student at Dal, so if you have any questions let me know!

NSOT16, I just received an email from Dal titled "conditional acceptance", but then the "acceptance letter" stated that what it was is that I had been recommended by the school of OT for acceptance to the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Do you happen to know more on what this means for me? I'm afraid to get too excited - are people often denied acceptance after being recommended to the FGS? Thanks!!

NSOT16, I just received an email from Dal titled "conditional acceptance", but then the "acceptance letter" stated that what it was is that I had been recommended by the school of OT for acceptance to the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Do you happen to know more on what this means for me? I'm afraid to get too excited - are people often denied acceptance after being recommended to the FGS? Thanks!!

Wow that seems rather early to me! Maybe they have changed their policy. What Dal usually does is send this email out once you have been accepted, and the FGS basically reviews your file to make sure its completeness, but that basically means you are accepted. Last year they didnt start really until May...If this is true though, congrats!

Wow that seems rather early to me! Maybe they have changed their policy. What Dal usually does is send this email out once you have been accepted, and the FGS basically reviews your file to make sure its completeness, but that basically means you are accepted. Last year they didnt start really until May...If this is true though, congrats!

This is great news! Thank you so much!! It's been a rollarcoaster of a day, but I am in touch with someone in the department now, and it appears it is not a mistake!

hi everyone,

i was wondering if anyone outside of the atlantic provinces applied to physio at dal and got an interview. if so, do you mind sharing some details about yourself eg gpa, relevant experience, etc?

thanks! might apply next year if i don't get in this year.

Got my acceptance to OT and interview invite for PT (want to do PT).

Would you mind disclosing your GPA and relevant experience. I have applied to OT, and made the wait list. Just wondering what the competing GPA is if you do not mind sharing!

Thanks so much

Would you mind disclosing your GPA and relevant experience. I have applied to OT, and made the wait list. Just wondering what the competing GPA is if you do not mind sharing!

Thanks so much

My cGPA is 3.7/4.3 . Last 60 credit hours was 3.9 . I also did my honours, don't know if that helps or not.

My cGPA is 3.4/4, sGPA 3.88/4. Received an interview email on March 27th. Already accepted internationally (Scotland). Took my Kinesiology degree at Acadia, Certified Exercise Physiologist through CSEP Canada. Have a lot of experience with older populations and athletes. Took the year off and worked for Annapolis Valley hospital before moving on to CBI Physiotherapy (both in Kinesiologist roles).

Just throwing this out there for anyone who is curious about the background of others applying that received interviews.

Has anyone received a reply back yet after confirming their interview and signing the confidentiality form? Just curious, as I had to request for my interview to be on the 18th so I can go write the CAP at U of T.

And I am an NS applicant, sGPA~4.0/4.3 for anyone curious.

Yes, I got an email back from Kelly yesterday (around 2:30) confirming the interview time and date. I hadn't requested a certain time though.

Yes, I got an email back from Kelly yesterday (around 2:30) confirming the interview time and date. I hadn't requested a certain time though.

When did you send it in? I sent mine on Monday and have not heard back from Kelly confirming my date and time. 

Archived