Premed 101 Forums

2015 Dalhousie Pt Applicants

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My cGPA is 3.4/4, sGPA 3.88/4. Received an interview email on March 27th. Already accepted internationally (Scotland). Took my Kinesiology degree at Acadia, Certified Exercise Physiologist through CSEP Canada. Have a lot of experience with older populations and athletes. Took the year off and worked for Annapolis Valley hospital before moving on to CBI Physiotherapy (both in Kinesiologist roles).

Just throwing this out there for anyone who is curious about the background of others applying that received interviews.

Hello, I was wondering if you could provide some information on your acceptance in Scotland and which University. I heard a lot of people are going to Scotland lately to do physiotherapy and I was considering this option. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

hi everyone,

i was wondering if anyone outside of the atlantic provinces applied to physio at dal and got an interview. if so, do you mind sharing some details about yourself eg gpa, relevant experience, etc?

thanks! might apply next year if i don't get in this year.

I'm from Ontario and I got one. Relieved my undergrad from a U.S. school after receiving a soccer scholarship. cGPA was a 3.6 but final last 20 half classes was a 3.74. CSCS certification, worked with D1 and professional athletes, concussion and stress management research, orthopedic/paediatric/neuro/Aqua therapy practical experience in both Canada and the U.S. over the past year. Lots of tots coaching experience and volunteer work around my university and surrounding community. I hope this help

Got mine too! Maybe we should make an Fbook page for anyone in the upcoming class? Might be a good way for everyone to find roommates and meet?

I just got accepted on Friday too! I agree that we should make a Facebook group for everyone who got in! 

Hello, I am very excited to be attending Dal in the fall for PT. I was just wondering if anyone had made a facebook group yet for the PT class of 2017 to share information

Hello, I am also attending Dal PT in the fall! I haven't found a Facebook group yet I was wondering if one of use should start one. 

• 1 month later...

So I'm not a Pt applicant yet (still working on my undergrad) but I am hoping to apply for the 2017 year and was wondering if anyone has any advice on preparing my application? I and currently focusing on a Biology/Psychology major with the option of one of them being my minor when I finally make up my mind and was wondering what other applicants had a degree in when applying? I was also hoping someone could provide some insight on the interview process/questions asked, honestly I think that is what I'm most worried about when it comes to applying! Any advice would be great! :D 

Archived