Premed 101 Forums

Post Interview Statistics?

Last year, same number of applicants interviewed but on their admission stats histograms, 'Successful applicants' had n = 245. So I'm assuming that at some point last summer, 245 students received an offer (immediately or off waitlist). Pretty good odds, I'd say. 

Exactly what I was looking for and those are pretty good odds. Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

Last year, same number of applicants interviewed but on their admission stats histograms, 'Successful applicants' had n = 245. So I'm assuming that at some point last summer, 245 students received an offer (immediately or off waitlist). Pretty good odds, I'd say. 

Wouldn't most of these "extra" offers be sent to OOP applicants? Just comes to my mind because from what I understand turnover is very low (most accept an offer elsewhere)

Wouldn't most of these "extra" offers be sent to OOP applicants? Just comes to my mind because from what I understand turnover is very low (most accept an offer elsewhere)

Based on what doctak said, it may be distributed across based on proportions? Like 85% IP vs. 15% OOP for all offers? Unless they have 2 separate waitlists for IP and OOP which makes WAYYYYY more sense. I know a bunch of IPs last year that went to Alberta or other OOP schools so once they fill the 15% quota, if even, the rest should be sent to IPs. 

Based on what doctak said, it may be distributed across based on proportions? Like 85% IP vs. 15% OOP for all offers? Unless they have 2 separate waitlists for IP and OOP which makes WAYYYYY more sense. I know a bunch of IPs last year that went to Alberta or other OOP schools so once they fill the 15% quota, if even, the rest should be sent to IPs. 

Hm, I wonder how it does work. I was reading old blog posts from last year from ucmed, and near the end Dr. Walker wrote "We have made about 30-40 WL offers so far.  We are at a point of very little movement. I anticipate “standing down” a number of people on the waitlist in the next week or so."

155 + 30-40 is nowhere near the 245 stated in the stats

Hm, I wonder how it does work. I was reading old blog posts from last year from ucmed, and near the end Dr. Walker wrote "We have made about 30-40 WL offers so far. We are at a point of very little movement. I anticipate “standing down” a number of people on the waitlist in the next week or so."

155 + 30-40 is nowhere near the 245 stated in the stats

Probably because most schools initially accept more people than they have seats because they know, historically that a certain percentage will decline their offers.

Also I think there's just one waitlist as far as I understand. They just accept the next person in line until they fill the OOP quota, then skip any OOPs after that. Could be wrong though.

Archived