Premed 101 Forums

Post Mmi Discussion

RGK

McGill's MMI was my first ever professional school interview and I really enjoyed it!

It was quite fun and I liked their types of stations. I thought it was able to capture aspects of your personality as best as these things can. Really stress free, organized, and everyone there kind of made me just have a lot of fun with it so I felt pretty good coming out. And that says A LOT because I'm the kind of person who can feel their own heartbeat racing through an entire job interview while stumbling over my words.

Reflecting back... I'm not sure how I feel about my performance now but it was definitely a really enjoyable and fruitful experience overall.

McGill's MMI was my first ever professional school interview and I really enjoyed it!

It was quite fun and I liked their types of stations. I thought it was able to capture aspects of your personality as best as these things can. Really stress free, organized, and everyone there kind of made me just have a lot of fun with it so I felt pretty good coming out. And that says A LOT because I'm the kind of person who can feel their own heartbeat racing through an entire job interview while stumbling over my words.

Reflecting back... I'm not sure how I feel about my performance now but it was definitely a really enjoyable and fruitful experience overall.

I couldn't have expressed how I felt any better than you did. It pretty much describes how I experienced it too. :)

The MMI was very well organized! And I can't believe no one has said it yet but some of the actors were simply amazing. I, too, felt comfortable and stress-free during the interview. The only downside is that the wait is longer than expected (it was 2 weeks last year and this is what seemed to be written on the Admissions website) but at least now if we are waitlisted we will know our exact rank. 21 days if all goes well, so excited and nervous to know the final answers... :)

The MMI was very well organized! And I can't believe no one has said it yet but some of the actors were simply amazing. I, too, felt comfortable and stress-free during the interview. The only downside is that the wait is longer than expected (it was 2 weeks last year and this is what seemed to be written on the Admissions website) but at least now if we are waitlisted we will know our exact rank. 21 days if all goes well, so excited and nervous to know the final answers... :)

Haha, I've said this so many times to different people in person, it didn't even occur to me to mention it again on the forum. Now I'm going to be disappointed if I go to another MMI and the actors don't measure up to McGill standards.

Even with a 1 month turnaround, I'm still happy. I don't know why all the Ontario schools take so much longer. 

Haha, I've said this so many times to different people in person, it didn't even occur to me to mention it again on the forum. Now I'm going to be disappointed if I go to another MMI and the actors don't measure up to McGill standards.

Even with a 1 month turnaround, I'm still happy. I don't know why all the Ontario schools take so much longer. 

Well I believe that other schools still look at your CV and LORs post-interview so I can see why it takes longer... :) And I think UofT keeps interviewing until April or so!

Anyways... All I want is McGill! Did any of you guys interviewed on Tuesday?

Absolutely adored the McGill Interview process! I could not agree more regarding the actors. They were incredibly believable.  The general interviewers / evaluators were very nice as well! 

I also enjoyed the McGill ambassador connection and how they settled us in with board games and such. Really neat and speaks a lot not only to their organization but general care towards applicants. 

Shout out also to the McGill Med Interview Video - it was beyond amazing. Good luck to everyone for a positive response!! 

P.s. I was on Wednesday (morning group) :)

Archived