Premed 101 Forums

Post-Interview Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I can say that that is def not  how I felt haha. It was brutal 

Don't worry too much, the Ottawa Interview experience differs quite a bit for different applicants. Their follow-ups questions may seem probing at times, but they understand you are under stress and want to see how you would respond. Best of luck at your other interviews!

Hoping that this is really not the case, because at this time, I'm thinking the panel is perhaps not the most fair interview. 

It isn't fair, it's well-documented in the literature. The reliability is awful. Schools really shouldn't be using panels anymore and should ideally transition to a form of multiple sampling. 

It isn't fair, it's well-documented in the literature. The reliability is awful. Schools really shouldn't be using panels anymore and should ideally transition to a form of multiple sampling. 

Yeah, while my interview was pretty nice and friendly and for sure way easier than my UBC MMI but I can say panel is NOT the best way for choosing people cause it is very judgmental. 

For my interview, all three interviewers were quite friendly. Some questions caught me off guard so I am not sure how the actual interview went. Do you guys think there is some standardization process that gets implemented like a panel has to rank all applicants they interviewed and each panel can only accept a selected amount? Or is it more subjective, where one panel can give a high score to all candidates and another panel can give a low score to all candidates?

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my interview today!! The panel was so kind and encouraging. I felt I was really able to connect with them and showcase myself as best as I could! The questions were fairly straightforward but of course one or two tricky ones, but I think I handled them well. Now the wait begins to May 12th!!! Who else can't wait for it?! 

Archived