Premed 101 Forums

Uwo Interview Invites

I was hoping if someone from UWO Dentistry could elaborate on any global health opportunities provided by the program for its students. Are there any websites where I can get more information about such global health initiatives for dental students (assuming there are any)? Also are there any opportunities where we can gain experience in rural communities in northern Ontario (or elsewhere in Canada)?[/quote

Yes to both. In terms of websites or content you can read on... Not so sure. But there are programs in the summer for both. Any upper years could prob elaborate...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all of those invited for an interview!

I haven't logged back in here for a very long time, but in the midst of your preparations I am happy to share my insight & experience from the UWO interviews. I interviewed a few times here, so I can help you out with some tips and questions I can recall of.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else think they performed terribly and aren't expecting good news in May?  :P

Also, does UWO tell you if your interview score in relation to the average?

Thanks for your response. And no I don't think so, probably the only reason why U of T does is so applicants can make an assessment in transferring their scores to UWO.

I am just hoping for the best I guess! 

Did anyone else think they performed terribly and aren't expecting good news in May?  :P

Western keeps interview stats completely confidential, so you can't find out your relative score unfortunately. Hopefully you did better than you think!

I think I did well on my interview but if it makes you feel better I'm worried I failed the physiology challenge exam.  

There was a lot of stuff that I had never learned in my other courses and it could honestly be borderline for me.

Got the reply if anyone is interested:

Our Admissions Committee is slated to discuss offer decisions after May 1, so, we cannot assist you with your dilemma, I'm sorry to say.

The Ontario government has changed the deposit system for offers to universities. According to what I understand, should one pay a deposit to confirm an offer of admission, but then decide to withdraw from that program, one gets most of the deposit returned. You might wish look into this.

Passed my physiology challenge!!!

If you were required to write the physiology challenge, were you to receive an email or something informing you to write? 

I just never got an email about it, when/where/etc., so I was wondering. 

I did take two physiology courses, but one was not one of the courses they listed for my school but was an upper year course. I wonder if they just counted that course to be the second one.

If you were required to write the physiology challenge, were you to receive an email or something informing you to write? 

I just never got an email about it, when/where/etc., so I was wondering. 

I did take two physiology courses, but one was not one of the courses they listed for my school but was an upper year course. I wonder if they just counted that course to be the second one

They sent me an email stating that I was required to write it, so you should be okay.  My uni-s courses weren't recognized at all so I was required to write it.

Archived