Premed 101 Forums

2Nd Iteration Invite Thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have interviewed in a program on the first iteration, will  programs use the previous interview score on first iteration for applicants on the second round.  Is  anyone interviewing a second time for a specific program. Thank you.

I don't think anyone would know this - program specific etc, etc. Probably repeat things but that is a guess.

The only down side is if you ranked them, and they still have a spot open then they simply didn't decide to rank you. You would hope for a second interview if they are reconsidering you.

I don't think anyone would know this - program specific etc, etc. Probably repeat things but that is a guess.

The only down side is if you ranked them, and they still have a spot open then they simply didn't decide to rank you. You would hope for a second interview if they are reconsidering you.

I applied to a Psych program and ranked it high, they still had seats left over. They told me they didn't rank me because they saw I was going after another specialty...who knows...but if I had reapplied they were going to use my original scores from CaRMS 1 and that makes sense to me b/c really, what has changed? 

I applied to a Psych program and ranked it high, they still had seats left over. They told me they didn't rank me because they saw I was going after another specialty...who knows...but if I had reapplied they were going to use my original scores from CaRMS 1 and that makes sense to me b/c really, what has changed? 

yeah but you see that is what is stupid about this - people/programs still think it matters what you wanted. It doesn't matter that you were ranking another field higher. By failing to rank you then they run into exactly this scenario. Some one they wanted and is free isn't going to their school (at least in round 1).

They are supposed to rank candidates in order of preference regardless of the applicants desires, and the applicants rank the schools in their order regardless of the schools' desires. Otherwise crap like this happens where a good candidate who would want to go there rather than go unmatched in fact does go unmatched and the program is left trying to play catch up because they let someone get away and now have an open spot!

Invited: 

FM- Manitoba, Ottawa, Calgary

Calgary FM to be done in person. Man and Ottawa allow Skype/phone. Ottawa will allow in person. 

Haven't heard from Western.

Did you specifically ask Calgary, or just assume that based on their email that its only in person? Because mannnn that's expensive to get there! 

so in first iteration under manitoba FM it says "videoconferencing" (assuming that is skype) will be weighed equally with in-person interviews.

This is not stated in the 2nd iteration carms program description.

Long story short I can't make it to the Manitoba FM interviews and will book a skype interview - curious if any residents know if there really is no diff whether skype or in-person

Archived