Premed 101 Forums

2Nd Iteration Invite Thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think technically the programs have to submit their rank order to the school by march 26th and the school submits to carms by april 2nd, therefore they may have a bit of flexibility to interview after the deadline, so if you have one go for it and try to impress!

i think technically the programs have to submit their rank order to the school by march 26th and the school submits to carms by april 2nd, therefore they may have a bit of flexibility to interview after the deadline, so if you have one go for it and try to impress!

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can confirm this?

I was under the impression that it clearly says on the CaRMS website that the programs submit their second iteration ROL to CaRMS on March 26th.

So at this point, we wait for candidates to submit ROL to CaRMS by April 2 and then match results April 14th.

Thanks!

I was under the impression that it clearly says on the CaRMS website that the programs submit their second iteration ROL to CaRMS on March 26th.

So at this point, we wait for candidates to submit ROL to CaRMS by April 2 and then match results April 14th.

Thanks!

Sounds right!

Thanks!

from CaRMS: 

March 26, 2015 (14:00 ET)

Program rank order list deadline

Program rank order lists must be submitted by 14:00 ET.

March 26, 2015 (14:00 ET)

Postgraduate office rank order list review and approval begins

Postgraduate offices begin review and approval of rank order lists.

April 2, 2015 (15:00 ET)

Postgraduate office rank order list approval deadline

This is the rank order list deadline for postgraduate offices.

ALL rank order lists must be entered and submitted by 15:00 ET.

So seems that programs submit on 26th then postgrad offices have a few days to review.

just replying to the above to clarify. The programs submit thier Rank order list to the PGME office on March 26th. The PGME then review the list make sure everyone meets their criteria and approves submitting the list to CaRMS by April 2nd. The rank order list for candidates is April 2nd. Then CaRMS does the match between April 2nd and April 14th.

Thus if you had an interview request between March 26th and April 2nd, it is still possible for a program to rank you if they can convince the PGME to work on a speedier timeline of approval.

though to be honest most lists will have been submitted and finalized by now by the various programs.

Good luck to everyone!

Makes sense. Countdown to April 14 begins. Realistically, what kind of students tend to match in 2nd iteration? Those who apply to new specialties but have electives + letters, those who shotgun for everything, or those who gunned for a competitive speciality and apply for remaining seats?

Correct me if I'm wrong.  Wouldn't the PGME office already have gone over each and every applicant before offering them an interview ? 

From my understanding the PGME is supposed to submit the ROL to CaRMS by march 26th.  

Or we can speculate all we want about the different theories.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  Wouldn't the PGME office already have gone over each and every applicant before offering them an interview ? 

From my understanding the PGME is supposed to submit the ROL to CaRMS by march 26th.  

Or we can speculate all we want about the different theories.

The Postgrad office doesn't screen interviews... the program office does that.

Program office submits to PGME thru carms by March 26.

PGME reviews then submits to carms by April 2.

Source: http://www.carms.ca/en/match-process/match-timelines/programs/r-1-second-iteration/

Archived