Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Dmd 2015 Accepted/rejected/waitlisted

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the admissions office actually told you last year that the IP waitlist moved up to the 10th person? I want to believe this, so just making sure this info is true :P

For the IP list, if you're in the top 5-7 spots, I'd say it's a "sure thing".

The adm offce didn't tell me those exact words, but I did the math with the info I got, and I can assure you that number is real. Of course, lists don't move the same way from one year to another, so there's no way to guarantee it'll move up to the 10th person again this year, as well as there's no way to say we're 100% sure that Doomz won't get in this year being ranked 12th.

What I know is that I'm truly hoping it will move and make several candidates extremely happy, as happy as I know I would be, and that unfortunately, being realistic, I won't get the chance to be.

I'm sincerely wishing you all the best of luck.

How many places on the OOP list would you say have a good chance?

And when does most of the wait list movement typically occur? May?

To be honest my guess is as good as anyone's. As above, I would guess 2 or so is fairly safe, considering there appears to be 8 OOP spots this year, I wouldn't expect the wait-list to move more than 3, if even that. Since that list is so small, there is no pattern... depends on who wants to get into what school. It could happen that the OOP-accepted candidates have McGill as their first choice, therefore the list wouldn't more. On the other side of the spectrum, you could have people waiting on Toronto, or Western or other schools. You could ask and see how many individuals here will accept their offer from McGill and are OOP, to get an idea. Sorry, I can't quite provide an accurate answer, but I don't think anyone has actual statistics... especially on the OOP list. Good luck though; I do hope you get a surprise! ^_^

Coming from someone who was waitlisted for an interview at Mcgill... -_-

EDIT: Looks like 3 people here got OOP offers, and 4 others are on the wait-list (including yourself)

EDIT2: 2 more OOPs seemed to have received offers, totaling up to 5 in this thread so far...

On a side note; congratulations to the folks who got their acceptances today! Huge achievement on your part ladies and gents!

Congrats to everyone!!! Even if you got waitlisted or rejected, it's still really good that you made it this far!!!

I was just wondering if any of you would be able to post their level of education? I just heard from a friend that most of McGill's dentistry students have completed their 4 years and are either in their first or second year of masters program. Is that true?

Congrats to everyone!!! Even if you got waitlisted or rejected, it's still really good that you made it this far!!!

I was just wondering if any of you would be able to post their level of education? I just heard from a friend that most of McGill's dentistry students have completed their 4 years and are either in their first or second year of masters program. Is that true?

I'm a recent OOP university graduate with no masters.

Is it normal that I am unable to accept the offer right now? And also, does anyone know where I can get the agreement form? 

I believe it is normal and Marie sent an email saying they needed to fix the form due to formatting and that it will be available tomorrow :)

I believe it is normal and Marie sent an email saying they needed to fix the form due to formatting and that it will be available tomorrow :)

Thanks, do you know if there is a deadline to upload the agreement form? Also, when I received my call, I was way too overwhelmed to comprehend anything but do we only have one week to accept the offer?

Thanks, do you know if there is a deadline to upload the agreement form? Also, when I received my call, I was way too overwhelmed to comprehend anything but do we only have one week to accept the offer?

Haha... I know exactly how you feel! I can't even remember what I said when I got the call -_- 

But, to answer your questions, we have until March 31st to upload the file AND accept the offer. Also, when accepting the offer, you'll have to pay the deposit. 

Hope that helps!

Archived