Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look forward to September! Glad we all made it through the crazy process. This might sound like a stupid question but to triple check UApply is where we saw the "checklist" for our resume and transcript. Also did anyone have to submit an official transcript? I only have my unofficial on through so far! 

I look forward to September! Glad we all made it through the crazy process. This might sound like a stupid question but to triple check UApply is where we saw the "checklist" for our resume and transcript. Also did anyone have to submit an official transcript? I only have my unofficial on through so far! 

Congrats! Glad we made it through too. And yes that is Uapply and I am still waiting for the offer to show there too. I was wondering about the official transcripts as well, I didn't see anything mentioned about them yet.

Ok I'm officially going nuts. The more I think of it the more I firmly believe that Im not getting in this year...it's all in the phone call. When I asked the lady if I would get an answer by next Friday she said something like "no, more at the beginning of the week". Logically, if I was waitlisted in the upper range she wouldnt be able to give me such a clear answer.Think about it, if you're waitlisted there's no way to know how much the list will move, so what the lady should have said is '' I can't give you a definite answer it depends on how many people decline their offer''. So my guess is that they will send out final acceptances/rejections/final waiting list on Monday or Tuesday the latest. 

Here's what I believe is their schedule:

May 26th : Earliest date for you to receive an offer of admission  +  firm rejections sent  

*at this point, they start sending a few refusals but they’re also keeping a large number of applicants on a ‘’virtual’’ waiting list (say 100 ppl)

June 3rd : First-round offers expire

*between may 27th and june 8th people in the upper range of the ‘’virtual’’ waiting list may get an offer

June 8th : Official waiting list is formed . This is when our official status should be updated on Uapply (that is, official yeas/nays/maybes)

Yes, I like torturing myself like this.

I got my acceptance on UApply Wednesday.

I called them on Tuesday to ask and they looked at my file, and said that the latest would be by the end of next week.

Oh nice, so I should probably call them then. End of next week meaning by the 12th? I wish I saw this earlier so I could have called them today. Now I have to wait until Monday.

The waiting is unbearable so I decided to call again. Apparently they do not intend on accepting anyone from the waitlist since every applicant who received an offer accepted their spot. The only glimpse of hope is that the lady I contacted told me that throughout this week they are doing a final verification on successful applicants just to make sure everything is settled, so there's a tiny chance that a few lucky ones might get an offer this week. Basically, we should all know where we stand by the end of next week. 

The waiting is unbearable so I decided to call again. Apparently they do not intend on accepting anyone from the waitlist since every applicant who received an offer accepted their spot. The only glimpse of hope is that the lady I contacted told me that throughout this week they are doing a final verification on successful applicants just to make sure everything is settled, so there's a tiny chance that a few lucky ones might get an offer this week. Basically, we should all know where we stand by the end of next week. 

My heart just broke in tiny pieces.... :(  I was hoping there would be more movement... If I call also, I would probably get the same answer. :( :( 

Do you mean the end of this week the 12th or the 19th ? 

My heart just broke in tiny pieces.... :(  I was hoping there would be more movement... If I call also, I would probably get the same answer. :( :(

trust me I feel your disapointment...but at the same time we should be proud that we made it this far. McGill is pretty competitive so just getting an interview is a huge step!

trust me I feel your disapointment...but at the same time we should be proud that we made it this far. McGill is pretty competitive so just getting an interview is a huge step!

I totally agree. That's what I keep telling myself. But I really wish to get  in this year. Hopefully they will give us feedback on what to improve if .. you know. Let us know what they say next week. 

Just received this email from Administrative and Student Affairs Coordinator, Graduate Program :

'' Hello,

As some of you may know, you currently on the waitlist for the Qualifying Year of Occupational therapy. We have extended our offers to our selected candidates and they have all accepted.  They are in the process of being finally evaluated by the Graduate and Postgraduate Studies, so there is still a small chance to be contacted.  If you have accepted another opportunity or wish to no longer be part of the waitlist, please let me know by replying to this email. ''

Just received this email from Administrative and Student Affairs Coordinator, Graduate Program :

'' Hello,

As some of you may know, you currently on the waitlist for the Qualifying Year of Occupational therapy. We have extended our offers to our selected candidates and they have all accepted.  They are in the process of being finally evaluated by the Graduate and Postgraduate Studies, so there is still a small chance to be contacted.  If you have accepted another opportunity or wish to no longer be part of the waitlist, please let me know by replying to this email. ''

I didnt receive anything :(  How do I contact them ? Is it Sara Saunders ? thanks 

Archived