Premed 101 Forums

Good Luck Tomorrow!

I'd argue an above average score may turn out to be average or below average at Western because for most people (applying in Ontario anyway) this will be their second go at an interview and many may improve. That's just my opinion though.

That's not true, the average will in fact be the same. Some people may do better or worse, you can't blindly assume everyone will do significantly better. The smartest thing to do is transfer your  "above average" score.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean it's a guarantee but i feel like some people might feel more comfortable approaching this the 2nd time...

you pretty much guaranteed acceptance at both uoft and western since you did really well on your interview.

"Above average" does not necessarily mean "really well"

I was wondering the same thing. I asked the admission person as if I was considering transferring my scores if I could know my relative score. She said I would suggest transferring them - does she just say that for anyone who is above average or do they give an actual opinion because it seems like a 28 is above average but I wouldn't consider it worthwhile transferring. Maybe I'm over analyzing.

Wait she told you your absolute score?

No I mean hypothetically it could be 28 which is technically above average but nothing to bank on.

Again its hard to know where you lie being above average. If the median was also 27 and you knew 50% were above and 50% were below you would have a better idea. But for all we know there's a huge cluster between 26-29 with a bunch of low scores skewing the average. The average alone isn't that informative

No I mean hypothetically it could be 28 which is technically above average but nothing to bank on.

Again its hard to know where you lie being above average. If the median was also 27 and you knew 50% were above and 50% were below you would have a better idea. But for all we know there's a huge cluster between 26-29 with a bunch of low scores skewing the average. The average alone isn't that informative

Well said!

No, but I don't really have same time constraints like you mentioned. Plus I'm curious to see the school so I figured I'd go. If they told me my numerical score I could make a more informed decision but I don't want to regret transferring if I later learn my score is marginally above average.

Comments from others who've gone through the process or knows of someone would be helpful here.

When I emailed the admission to inquire about my relative score they said that " you're interview scores were average". Does it mean being average relative to other interviewees or average as being an average answer (3 out of 5 for cda questions). I am kind of confused now :(

When I emailed the admission to inquire about my relative score they said that " you're interview scores were average". Does it mean being average relative to other interviewees or average as being an average answer (3 out of 5 for cda questions). I am kind of confused now :(

Average relative to other interviewees :)

I received my relative interview score, but does anyone have any experience about asking them how much above or below there scores were? (or do they not divulge that information)?

Do you have to call the Faculty to get your relative score, or is this something they would share over email? I emailed yesterday but haven't heard back (so I'm not sure if they are busy (understandable!) or whether I need to phone them to get this information).

Thanks for any clarifications! Best of luck everyone!

You have a very good chance for UofT if your PAT is 20+. Also I think 27+ interview score is pretty good and interview only accounts for a relatively small portion of the admission for Western.

does uoft look at pat separately? i got 17 on my pat, but DAT is only 10% of the whole thing...which is really small isn't it? my gpa and interview is above avg...but would i not get in bcz of my pat?

Do you have to call the Faculty to get your relative score, or is this something they would share over email? I emailed yesterday but haven't heard back (so I'm not sure if they are busy (understandable!) or whether I need to phone them to get this information).

Thanks for any clarifications! Best of luck everyone!

I received my relative score via email yesterday (they replied a day later).

does uoft look at pat separately? i got 17 on my pat, but DAT is only 10% of the whole thing...which is really small isn't it? my gpa and interview is above avg...but would i not get in bcz of my pat?

PAT is only worth 5%. It should not be detrimental. 

Just curious, which previous posts are you referring to?

It's a thread started in March 22, 2014 called "UofT admission??". Last post in the thread was March 31, 2014. The original post there was this....

During the interview they said that results will be out Friday April 4th but looking at past threads, it seems as though they usually send it out a week prior to the date they state (and in time to make decision to transfer score to Western-we have to let them know by March 30 & transfer score by April 18). Was just wondering if anyone called the admissions office about this?  :eek:

does anyone know if the avg interview score is 27 or a range? Can someone call and post it here. I have called too many times lol

Last time I called they told me it was 27. There is no range... It is addition of everyone scores divided by number of whole applicants (164).. so it doesn't make sense for there to be a range. 

It's a thread started in March 22, 2014 called "UofT admission??". Last post in the thread was March 31, 2014. The original post there was this....

I see :) Thank you for your information. But they did release it on the 4th last year, which is a date they were told on the day of interview. 

So I am not so sure about early release :/ 

Archived