Premed 101 Forums

Good Luck Tomorrow!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ they do have those numbers on the site so I'm assuming they use them some how. But the true process is a mystery and I know that there are students in my class with near cutoff avgs and dat scorers who performed amazingly on the interview and therefore received an acceptance. And on the opposite side of the spectrum students that had high avgs that did not get in.

Lastly, admissions release acceptances typically on Fridays after their hours of operation so that all your calls go straight o voicemail and they don't have to deal with the mob of premed101 students ranting :/. I would frantically refresh your email every Friday around 5 pm lol... That's what I did

I would frantically refresh your email every Friday around 5 pm lol... That's what I did

Haha. Today being a statutory holiday leaves only next friday or April 17th (as they stated). Fingers crossed it comes out this Friday so I can recover from the news if it is bad in time for the UWO interview.

Do you guys think it's better to call or email to ask them for your relative score? I've been a bit nervous to ask until now but I decided to do it. From previous years thread people seemed to have called... but this year some people emailed on this thread. Is calling better/more convenient? 

Last year the interviews for U of T were held on the weekend of March 17/18 I believe, so it was much earlier than this years, so I doubt they would release it early.

Ya, I just called them 5 mins ago - they are still marking the personality tests. So I guess you're right, April 17 it is

Aren't those personality tests marked by computer? I don't think it would take them that long to mark them. I am getting so impatient to find out about the final decisions.  :(

I actually asked if they would be ready by the end of this week and they said no because of those tests. We'll just have to play the waiting game

I emailed and they told me my score in relation to the average (apparently it was 27)

They didn't give me my score just said it was above the average of 27

Congrats :D!! Since you have stellar GPA and DAT you are most likely IN :D

It seems like a lot of people have average / above average interview scores :o.... Or I guess it could be that people with below avg. scores are simply not posting their results.

Can we assume a normal-ish distribution for interview scores? Or do most people get above average interview scores, but there are lower outliers pulling down the mean?

I would assume that there is a large cluster of people around 25-29, with a few outliers on both the high end and low end

I think that your stats are very competitive.  If it is any consolation, my stats were very similar last year (3rd year) and I didn't even get an interview. Perhaps the 3rd year pool is weaker this year. That being said, I am not sure if they group 3rd years with 3rd years when evaluating (some schools do).  Time will tell.

I am sorry if I offended anyone :/... I was just trying to point out the biased sample in this forum... lol 

So true...We should start a thread for acceptance/rejection/waitlist where everyone just posts their stats a priori and then have to edit their posts next friday with the actual decision to try and minimize the bias of only the accepted/waitlisted posting. But I suppose people with better stats will still be more inclined to post and will more likely get in. So bias is unavoidable haha

Archived