Premed 101 Forums

U Of A And Mcmaster Interview Invites For Pt

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received an Alberta PT interview invite at 11:30am today. I'm from Ontario and I don't know if it's worth making the flight for the interview!

Hey PTapplic - if you don't mind me asking, what was your sGPA? Mine is 3.85 for U of A and I'm also an OOP applicant. I haven't heard anything from them yet :(

"Dear _____,

The Admissions Committee of the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Alberta met recently to determine applicant admissions to the course-based Master of Science in Physical Therapy (MScPT) program for August 2015. Unfortunately, based on your academic score (GPA) your application does not qualify for admission this year. 

Please check the Physical Therapy homepage for more information about the competitive GPA and mandatory prerequisite coursework (http://www.physicaltherapy.ualberta.ca).

If you have any questions or concerns about your application, please contact Gillian Luff, Admissions Assistant. She can be reached at 780.492.7844.

Thank you for your application and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Lisa Jasper PT, MSc
Chair, Admissions Committee
Department of Physical Therapy"

:(

"Dear _____,

The Admissions Committee of the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Alberta met recently to determine applicant admissions to the course-based Master of Science in Physical Therapy (MScPT) program for August 2015. Unfortunately, based on your academic score (GPA) your application does not qualify for admission this year. 

Please check the Physical Therapy homepage for more information about the competitive GPA and mandatory prerequisite coursework (http://www.physicaltherapy.ualberta.ca).

If you have any questions or concerns about your application, please contact Gillian Luff, Admissions Assistant. She can be reached at 780.492.7844.

Thank you for your application and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Lisa Jasper PT, MSc

Chair, Admissions Committee

Department of Physical Therapy"

:(

I'm so sorry hoptozny  :( That is the email I got last year. Have you applied to other schools as well as U of A? 

I'm so sorry hoptozny  :( That is the email I got last year. Have you applied to other schools as well as U of A? 

Yes, I have applied to McMaster and Queen's. However, my sGPA was calculated lower by ORPAS as they ended up having to average my last few semesters to make the 60 credits. Therefore, I'm going in with a sGPA of 3.73. My hopes were the highest for U of A as I had a 3.85 for them. They were my number one choice too. I'm totally devastated :( 

Yes, I have applied to McMaster and Queen's. However, my sGPA was calculated lower by ORPAS as they ended up having to average my last few semesters to make the 60 credits. Therefore, I'm going in with a sGPA of 3.73. My hopes were the highest for U of A as I had a 3.85 for them. They were my number one choice too. I'm totally devastated :(

I applied to McMaster and Queen's too, but my sGPA for them is 3.70. I've been upgrading for an additional 2 years post-degree but it may not be enough.

I know this is a terrible feeling, but you still have McMaster and Queen's to hear from! Queen's doesn't seem to skim off the top GPA-wise like most other schools, too. I sent you a private message as well. 

Archived