Premed 101 Forums

I'm currently in my undergrad at the University of Toronto which offers a service called "Credit/No Credit", it essentially acts the same way as Pass/Fail in some other universities. Basically, if you select "Credit/No Credit" for a course, your mark for the course will not be recorded on your academic record and you will receive the credit for the course, contingent on the fact that you pass the course. I have done some research and they recommend not doing it for a course that is a requirement for graduate schools but mentions nothing of medical schools. I have researched but found nothing on medical schools' views on selecting "Credit/No Credit". Do you think medical schools will frown upon it?

I'm currently in my undergrad at the University of Toronto which offers a service called "Credit/No Credit", it essentially acts the same way as Pass/Fail in some other universities. Basically, if you select "Credit/No Credit" for a course, your mark for the course will not be recorded on your academic record and you will receive the credit for the course, contingent on the fact that you pass the course. I have done some research and they recommend not doing it for a course that is a requirement for graduate schools but mentions nothing of medical schools. I have researched but found nothing on medical schools' views on selecting "Credit/No Credit". Do you think medical schools will frown upon it?

In general, if the grade does not have any impact on GPA at your school, OMSAS will simply omit it in calculations. This is true of all P, CR, W, NC, MED, notations so long as they don't have bearing on GPA. It would be wise to double check with individual schools/OMSAS if your situation doesn't clearly fit this description. For schools that require full-time years, as long as you receive credit/Pass for the course it will still count towards your total credit count. I would double check with individual schools on how many P/F courses you can take per year. 

Archived