Premed 101 Forums

Who's Got Travel Plans For The Summer?

thsc

If I get into Mac, we're probably going to have our 10th anniversary trip a year early and go to Europe for our anniversary in August. My husband and I really want to go to the UK (London, in particular) and the north of France. If I don't have to spend thousands of dollars on another application cycle, it's easy to justify the trip.

Haha we all have our "if i get into x school" condition.  If I get in I will probably a take 2 week trip around the Greek Islands with my girlfriend.  Last year we did a trip through most of Europe but weren't able to make it to Greece. 

Haha we all have our "if i get into x school" condition.  If I get in I will probably a take 2 week trip around the Greek Islands with my girlfriend.  Last year we did a trip through most of Europe but weren't able to make it to Greece. 

That's awesome. Which parts of Europe were your favorite (in order)? It would be helpful for future reference :P

That's awesome. Which parts of Europe were your favorite (in order)? It would be helpful for future reference :P

Prague was by far the prettiest city I have ever seen.  I would highly recommend that over any other place I've been to in Europe.

I guess the order of places I went to would go something like this: Prague, Amsterdam, Munich, Berlin, Lauterbrunnen (small village right at the base of the Swiss Alps), Paris, London, Florence, Rome, Venice.

Travelling up Jungfrau Mountains (the "top of Europe" was pretty awesome as well.

I really disliked almost all of Italy, particularly Venice.  The gondola ride was also supremely disappointing.  Those canals are so disgusting up close.

Prague was by far the prettiest city I have ever seen.  I would highly recommend that over any other place I've been to in Europe.

I guess the order of places I went to would go something like this: Prague, Amsterdam, Munich, Berlin, Lauterbrunnen (small village right at the base of the Swiss Alps), Paris, London, Florence, Rome, Venice.

Travelling up Jungfrau Mountains (the "top of Europe" was pretty awesome as well.

I really disliked almost all of Italy, particularly Venice.  The gondola ride was also supremely disappointing.  Those canals are so disgusting up close.

Haha that's surprising. I always imagined that Venice would be awesome. 

I assume you didn't visit Spain at all? 

Thanks for the list! 

I have a travel plan to Europe if I get in this summer!! Never been to Europe so I am very excited to see London, Paris, Amsterdam and Zurich!

And it would be nice to experience their fast train system as well ( I love traveling by train but I just hate ViaRail)

I made it from Finnish Lapland to the south of Spain by either train, ferry or bus while I was on exchange in Amsterdam. It was awesome! Try the express train between Paris and Amsterdam. I did an overnight bus between those cities and being surrounded by tall Dutch guys with long legs made for an uncomfortable night, so train was way better! 

I've been thinking about going to Edmonton to see my sister, but for the cost of taking four of us on Viarail we could buy a car... Definitely makes me want to go back to Europe!

Was really hoping to go to Nunavut for a summer job, but I never got a call back. :(  To be fair, I'm not entirely sure if OOP students could apply. :P

So it looks like I'm going nowhere, except back to my home, the wild wilderness in rural Ontario. :P

I would love to go back to Europe though. I've sung in a couple concert tours there when I was in my youth chorus a couple of years ago. I've been to the Netherlands, Austria, Germany, and the Czech Republic. I really enjoyed getting to sing in the Mozartaem and Mozart's church in Austria, as well as having the opportunity to sing over Bach's tomb in Germany. :D I think this time around I'd go to Ireland, England, Sweden, and Hungary in addition to the ones above. :) 

I got a first class ticket to an all-inclusive 5 star rated resort called my basement. I will be spending the entire summer there with my lovely MCAT books. We're going to have an amazing time!

hahahaha if I don't get in then i'll also be attending this resort...if I do get in then i'm 100% traveling somewhere, haven't decided where that may be yet

I got a first class ticket to an all-inclusive 5 star rated resort called my basement. I will be spending the entire summer there with my lovely MCAT books. We're going to have an amazing time!

Lol

Coincidentally enough, I'm taking a very similar vacation except mine is to the den upstairs. I also got the ultra-exclusive MCAT (new for 2015!!) package thrown in.

Going for a week long trekking in Scotland and then spend a few days on Côte D'Azur.

I was in Nice and area last June during the world cup and it was great. I wasn't a fan of the pebble beaches, though.

This year I will go to Varadero

Going on the coveted pre-med school eurotrip for a month or so! Plan is Ireland, Northern France (I'm a big war buff, gotta see Normandy), Prague, Berlin and onto Poland (Auschwitz mostly). Should be fun, although I haven't decided if I'm going to go alone or with friends yet....

I'm also going to be hiking Gros Morne in NFLD with some friends.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I'm going this summer, but I might be going on a trip sometime soon!

But we want to go somewhere where we can get a really good deal. Does anyone here have any good recommendations for finding good travel deals? Any good sites? Kind of new to this whole travel thing.

Archived