Premed 101 Forums

Are There Any Eu Medical Schools That Don't Require An Admission Test?

I want to practice in EU (particularly Scotland/Ireland) and I am looking at what schools I should apply to after I finish my UG. I have just cycled through a bunch of Scottish graduate MD programs (the 4yr ones) that pretty much say "International student may not apply." This of course is very discouraging and has led me to look primarily at Ireland. 

Does anybody know of any Irish/English/Scottish Medical school that doesn't require the MCAT, UKCAT? And is the GAMSAT really a more reasonable test? (I don't have really any knowledge in Physics, do I need knowledge in Physics for the GAMSAT?).

Thanks to whoever takes the time to reply.

Future.MD 

If you are trying to get into medical schools without an admission test, you may as well forget about medicine. All the licensing exams, board exams, recertification exams are all standardised tests you will have to take. Only some sketchy Caribbean schools that try to scam students of their tuition loan do not require admissions test.

The key thing is having EU citizenship. If you have EU citizenship, then you will be able to do residency in Ireland or the UK after completing med school in Ireland or the UK. Subsequently, you will be able to practice medicine anywhere in Europe.

If you dont' have EU citizenship, then you will not under any circumstances be able to do residency in the UK (unless you go to med school in the UK!), but you may  be able to get a residency position in Ireland, although this is not guaranteed. Check the ABP website to see how many ABP student get residencies in Ireland over the past few years. Bear in mind the ABP website does not indicate how many of these people who got residencies in Ireland are EU citizens. 

For more info., look at the UK foundation programme website re: right to work, the HSE Ireland website, and the any other links that have been posted in previous threads on this topic.

I want to practice in EU (particularly Scotland/Ireland) and I am looking at what schools I should apply to after I finish my UG. I have just cycled through a bunch of Scottish graduate MD programs (the 4yr ones) that pretty much say "International student may not apply." This of course is very discouraging and has led me to look primarily at Ireland. 

Does anybody know of any Irish/English/Scottish Medical school that doesn't require the MCAT, UKCAT? And is the GAMSAT really a more reasonable test? (I don't have really any knowledge in Physics, do I need knowledge in Physics for the GAMSAT?).

Thanks to whoever takes the time to reply.

Future.MD 

There aren't any Scottish 4 year MD programs. All scottish medical schools have 5 or 6 year programs so i'm not sure what you were searching. All scottish medical schools accept international students as well. 

Archived