Premed 101 Forums

Uoft 2015 Acceptance/rejection/waitlist

Can an upper year student shed some light on costs. The website says tuition is  $33, 910.00 for domestic students plus $1,184.44 for incidental fees with an additional fee of $8, 007.00 for Dental instruments and optional service fees. 

The grand total is $43,171.44 (plus books)

Does that total remain constant each year? Is the $8,000 for dental instruments a 1 time fee?

It hovers around the same amount give or take a few thousand. I think the cheapest year is 3rd year.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't recieved the package and they said late May. I am not very happy with them atm...

I got my student number through email but no password associated with it either.

And my decision is still pending between U of T and Uwo... (paid both deposits, although no confirmation from Uwo :S)

Yeah their admin is a little frustrating to deal with--I'm still waiting for responses on stuff too. I didn't want to bug them about the student number and package on top of my other stuff so I figured I'd ask here first lol.

But what's the password needed for?

And I'm guessing since UWO's deposit is due June 1st you'll probably hear back after that.

I was looking to start applying for residences and checking out their scholarship applications etc etc... Nothing too crazy, but it feels like i'm doing nothing when I should be doing something :P

Actually I'm pretty sure any scholarships we can receive prior to the start of school are automatically assessed based on OSAP need aka no need to apply! Some also depend on our application documents. All the other scholarships for 1st years are based on academic performance so you'll need to have started school.

I know how you feel though aha. Have you secured a line of credit and applied for OSAP at least? That's what I'm doing right now... and looking for housing obviously.

I am still deciding between UWO and U of T atm, so haven't started my OSAP applications yet (when are they due?). I have seen that most do rely on OSAP information. Also could you expand on what you mean that most are based on academic performance... do you mean the performance during 1st year or based on undergrad/masters/Phd performance?

As for a line of credit, my bank has already told me yes, but I haven't signed any paperwork yet. I'm waiting to choose a school and estimate my costs. As per typical, I have been told that they'll 'gladly' give me 275k. Although, I shouldn't need that much! :P

I am still deciding between UWO and U of T atm, so haven't started my OSAP applications yet (when are they due?). I have seen that most do rely on OSAP information. Also could you expand on what you mean that most are based on academic performance... do you mean the performance during 1st year or based on undergrad/masters/Phd performance?

As for a line of credit, my bank has already told me yes, but I haven't signed any paperwork yet. I'm waiting to choose a school and estimate my costs. As per typical, I have been told that they'll 'gladly' give me 275k. Although, I shouldn't need that much! :P

I paid the deposit for UofT also even though I'm not 100% sure I'll go there yet. However, I already finished and submitted my OSAP application for UT dent. They let you have up to 5 applications for OSAP so I just did it for all schools/programs I was strongly considering.

For us, we'd get mostly bursaries and grants based on OSAP info. However, on the UofT website they mentioned scholarships for both performance before starting school and during school. Some based on "application documents" (I assume ur UG or post-grad work) and some based on 1st year grades (like highest grade in a course).

http://www.dentistry.utoronto.ca/students/doctor-dental-surgery-dds/scholarships-and-awards

Which bank is giving students 275k if you don't mind me asking!?!?!

Archived