Premed 101 Forums

U Of A's Ot Program 2015: Offers, Rejection, Waitlisted

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Calgary OT! I am definitely looking forward to moving to Alberta this fall for OT. I was wondering what the difference is between the two campuses? Are there different advantages to attending one campus over the other? Or maybe different opportunities? I'm moving from OOP and I can't find information on the Calgary campus besides there being 20 people who get chosen to move to Calgary. 

The Calgary cohort does not really have a true 'campus'... This year we were in an office building downtown but next year the program is moving and we will be in the U of C downtown building (UofA Calgary PT's are there too). There is a video about the calgary cohort on UofA website:  http://rehabilitation.ualberta.ca/departments/occupational-therapy/about-the-department/calgary-campus

Just got an email saying that I'm put on the 75-seat waitlist. :/

Me tooo! "Your application has been reviewed and you have been placed on the 75-seat

waiting list."  -_-  I wish I knew what spot I am at tho..

I am from Vancouver.  Any other applicants from BC? 

Me tooo! "Your application has been reviewed and you have been placed on the 75-seat

waiting list."  -_-  I wish I knew what spot I am at tho..

I am from Vancouver.  Any other applicants from BC? 

I'm from BC! Best of luck for the waitlist. I know it's not a great feeling since I was put on the waitlist for UBC. I got accepted into U of A though and have not received my official acceptance letter. When I get it I'll let you guys know the date we have to accept by. Best of luck and don't lose hope :)

waiting list." -_- I wish I knew what spot I am at tho..

I am from Vancouver. Any other applicants from BC?

Would you mind letting us know your GPA? I applied to U of A as well but I haven't heard anything as of yet. I'm worried because I had to withdraw from two classes in my third year.

Would you mind letting us know your GPA? I applied to U of A as well but I haven't heard anything as of yet. I'm worried because I had to withdraw from two classes in my third year.

I calculated my GPA as 81%, but I could be wrong. I graduated from UVic and they use a 9.0 scale, so the whole conversation is not in my favour.  :(  

I was told that an email was sent to all the wait listed applicants on Monday, April 27th. You can always contact them and ask.

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! Best of luck for the people who are still waiting!

I'm from the UofA and I am selling my OT books (1st and 2nd year). If anyone is interested, please email me at jc.deals@yahoo.ca. All in good quality and lower prices. 

Thank you!

For anyone that is accepting and mailed a cheque to UofA.. have you heard anything back yet or at least seen that your cheque has been deposited? I sent it by regular post and am starting to worry since there still has not been any indication that my cheque has been deposited.

For anyone that is accepting and mailed a cheque to UofA.. have you heard anything back yet or at least seen that your cheque has been deposited? I sent it by regular post and am starting to worry since there still has not been any indication that my cheque has been deposited.

No, I haven't heard anything either, and I mailed my cheque over 2 weeks ago! I think maybe they are waiting until after the due date to deposit all of the cheques.

No, I haven't heard anything either, and I mailed my cheque over 2 weeks ago! I think maybe they are waiting until after the due date to deposit all of the cheques.

I wouldn't worry :) the email said they'd contact you if they didn't receive the confirmation letter by the deadline.

I'm a bit confused. According to their website and application email they sent out, they would be making different rounds of offers at the end of each month, starting in April. A wait list is then created after all offers are made (usually by the end of June). But some of us were placed on the wait list by the end of April already, so does that mean they already made all the offers or are we like on a wait list for the next round of offers??

I just called them and the program assistant said that the deadline to accept first-round offers is today, and they haven't started looking through them yet. She said that hopefully they'll get some more offers out next week. :)

Also, last year's waitlist was 50 spots only..

So is it a good or bad thing that I haven't been wait listed? I dont really understand their admission process!

Not sure.. you could try calling them to check? I know the wait is killing me too. Just been rejected to all Ontario schools. :(

Not sure.. you could try calling them to check? I know the wait is killing me too. Just been rejected to all Ontario schools. :(

I know how it feels - I was rejected from all schools as well in Ontario with ORPAS sGPA being 3.94 :mellow: really wondering what part of my application did they dislike so much :P but keep your head up!

Archived