Premed 101 Forums

U Of T Dentistry Class Of 2019 Wait-List Thread

Hey guys, congratulations to all those accepted and wait-listed. I decided to create this thread so that the people who have been wait-listed can help each other out and see where all of us stand in addition to keeping everyone updated in terms of how much the wait-list has moved, since when etc. 

Please provide your WL position and stats (if you want).

IP/OOP

GPA?

DAT?

INTERVIEW?

WL Position?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IP

GPA: 3.96

DAT: 24 AA, 20 PAT

INTERVIEW: Above average

WL Position: 14

4th year undergrad

Does seem really strange that you got waitlisted with those stats. Your stats are clearly above average in all 3 aspects and your gpa and dat are also greater than some undergrads who got straight acceptances with above avg interviews too. Weird!

Does seem really strange that you got waitlisted with those stats. Your stats are clearly above average in all 3 aspects and your gpa and dat are also greater than some undergrads who got straight acceptances with above avg interviews too. Weird!

yea i agree...it does seem very very strange. you should call them and see if there is an error in the system. if not you are most likely in given a number of students will decide med over this

yea its probably the personality test. If you picked a lot of neutral...then your in danger. conversely if you picked strongly agree or strongly disagree for something, and somewhere along the test its asking you of the same thing basically and you say only agree or disagree....then it shows your inconsistent or something.

but i dont know thats my opinion.

Seems weird that you have been waitlisted with such high stats. you will get in for sure though :)

Haha I was pretty bummed out, but you guys are all so supportive and this makes me feel a lot better <3

Although it does make me question my sanity a little if they waitlisted me based on the personality test

So I emailed the admissions office and asked them how many OOP waitlist spots end up getting in each year, and here's the reply I got:

"We usually get through the entire out of province waitlist as it is very small.

Respectfully yours,

Admissions Office
Faculty of Dentistry
University of Toronto"

This is good news, obviously. But, we'll have to wait and see! :) 

Archived